BAY-FIRST TIME PRODUCER-NEW TUNE

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Bay, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Bay

Bay New Member

hey folks, first tune under my belt called "bunnyguard", just wanted to know what people think about. using reason 4 and just trying to grasp messing around with the plug-ins. let me know what you think guys.

www.myspace.com/baydubstep

2. Simm3r

Simm3r Gonna shmoke a bowl

yeh thats not actually a bad tune, im impressed if this is your first tune. only thing i cn say really is that after 16 bars or so you need to start varying that bass line a little bit, i think that would sound pretty good. and also you need to put in some nice cymbals to balance the mix out once it drops,
    possibly add a clap to your snare to bring it out more.
    other than that nice work

3. Bay

Bay New Member

yeh safe man, it was my first tune, im not to impressed by it myself but i will take on your advice, much grateful. started a new track slowly using new automation so may be a while- i added you on myspace, feeling your "alone tonight" song, mellow sounds like it could be played in a place called "planet angel in london" good music, what program you using?

4. Simm3r

i use reason 4 now to make most of the track, but im always bouncing audio in and out of Cubase and Recycle when i want to make some wacky sounds or put vocals in.

5. Nutek

Nutek movement junglist

Liking the bass on that mate, very nice, but yeah, needs a little variation (y)

6. Bay

Bay New Member

yeh im using reason 4, how do you get samples in? ive tried to but there is a constant loop going on, i dont know how to program it on redrum either. im new to it so the help would be good.

7. Bay

Bay New Member

yeh i totally agree with you guys, do you know any good sites to get speech samples from?

8. Simm3r

ahh thats where the Recycle software comes in handy, once you've imported your audio, you put it to the right number of bars as the original sample, then click 'save as', and Recycle will save your sample as Rex2 Format, which can be read by the Dr. Rex player in Reason.

9. Bay

Bay New Member

sorry to keep asking question, but where do i get this recycle software from?

10. Simm3r

not too sure man sorry, my mate downloaded it for me, type it into torrentz or something, or you could buy it.

11. Hightech

Hightech Member

hay man
    i was impresed with it tbh.

could use more variation but spoze u jst wantd to get ur first tune finished :p
    maby it was my but also some weird untidy drum when it droped