Battletek - Orbit (Dancefloor DnB/Liquid)

Hi Jordy! Nice track, love the easy going vibe! And nice movement of the synths, good work! :) IMO the main melody needs variations at some point. It's a nice sweet melody but it's on for almost all the track, maybe u can edit/cut some notes ... i.e. from 1:51 when this nice sub is clear coming through. I think the drums sound a bit too dry to me, have u already EQed and added effects? But as u know drums are my problem zone, too, so u could ignore this comment on drums. Otherwise, much enjoyable summer tune! :cool:

Last edited:
Hi Jordy! Nice track, love the easy going vibe! And nice movement of the synths, good work! :) IMO the main melody needs variations at some point. It's a nice sweet melody but it's on for almost all the track, maybe u can edit/cut some notes ... i.e. from 1:51 when this nice sub is clear coming through. I think the drums sound a bit too dry to me, have u already EDed and added effects? But as u know drums are my problem zone, too, so u could ignore this comment on drums. Otherwise, much enjoyable summer tune! :cool:
Yes you may be right, I used a Dimension - children as an inspiration since it also has that synth going all the time, but it may be right that it may become boring yes.. Will look into the rest later, starting a new track now :) yes the drums are completely eq'ed and edited! thanks man!

Yes you may be right, I used a Dimension - children as an inspiration since it also has that synth going all the time, but it may be right that it may become boring yes.. Will look into the rest later, starting a new track now :) yes the drums are completely eq'ed and edited! thanks man!

Cheers man! Looking forward to ur new track ...

Hey Jordy ! Nice track. as Tom said, I think the melody needs variation at some point. And yeah the drums could use a little something something. Maybe they just need to be more upfront the mix, I dunno. But the idea of the track is cool :)

Great track, I really love it! Great melody and great sounds. I'd agree that it could use a little more variation either with the melody (nothing major, just have it switch to a counter melody every so many bars or something like that). Aside from benefiting from a little extra variation, the arrangement is really great too! Well done bro

Liking it. As always a really clean and polished sound. Agree with Dizzy that all that its lacking is a little variation. Just needs a little switch up in the synth pattern for a few bars so that when it reverts back to the hook its a welcome return. Top stuff though, sounding pretty big and main room to me.

Liking it. As always a really clean and polished sound. Agree with Dizzy that all that its lacking is a little variation. Just needs a little switch up in the synth pattern for a few bars so that when it reverts back to the hook its a welcome return. Top stuff though, sounding pretty big and main room to me.
Thanks very much for the compliment and your input as always Rounder :)

like it, got a liquicity vibe. Agree with the comments that arp that plays through most of the song could be taken out a couple times of the arrangement. occasionally you have 2 mid ranged harmonic elements that are in similar frequency ranges, just to mix it up maybe cut one out occasionally to let it breathe. Melody is pretty strong that kicks in around the 3 minute mark, like that, very hooky.

like it, got a liquicity vibe. Agree with the comments that arp that plays through most of the song could be taken out a couple times of the arrangement. occasionally you have 2 mid ranged harmonic elements that are in similar frequency ranges, just to mix it up maybe cut one out occasionally to let it breathe. Melody is pretty strong that kicks in around the 3 minute mark, like that, very hooky.
Thank you so much! :) You're right, im gonna fiddle with it!

Back
Top Bottom