Battletek - Nano (liquid/dancefloor)

Top stuff as always, huge potential. Really liking the intro, really clean strings and pads.

In my opinion the lead synths are much louder than they need to be and I think dropping them down a bit would allow the bass and drums to be pushed a little more. All the sweeps, rises and atmospherics are spot on, its a bit of a shame they get lost behind the big trance leads but I guess that's the style. I love the section when the leads drops out at 02:13.

Part of the vocal sounds like it could do with a little adjusting as its fighting a bit hard to stay in time. When it says "No matter" it sounds to me like it needs to be shifted/stretched/warped forward a bit so that the emphasis of the word catches the beat rather than starting on it. Only a fractional adjustment.

Not really a fan of the drum fill but it did make me smile! Sorry if that all sounds negative, I like it a lot more than my comment would leave you to believe :)

Top stuff as always, huge potential. Really liking the intro, really clean strings and pads.

In my opinion the lead synths are much louder than they need to be and I think dropping them down a bit would allow the bass and drums to be pushed a little more. All the sweeps, rises and atmospherics are spot on, its a bit of a shame they get lost behind the big trance leads but I guess that's the style. I love the section when the leads drops out at 02:13.

Part of the vocal sounds like it could do with a little adjusting as its fighting a bit hard to stay in time. When it says "No matter" it sounds to me like it needs to be shifted/stretched/warped forward a bit so that the emphasis of the word catches the beat rather than starting on it. Only a fractional adjustment.

Not really a fan of the drum fill but it did make me smile! Sorry if that all sounds negative, I like it a lot more than my comment would leave you to believe :)

Haha big thanks Rounder, u always have some valuable input! Yes, you are stating what im still doubting of, the levels. Need to adjust them probably. Nice one about the vocal chops, didnt noticed it at first but you are right it seems to 'hit' slightly too late..
Thanks for listening mate!

For me I'd take the section at 02:13 and get that loop mixed down to perfection. Gets the drums and bass really working together and push it to the volume threshold that your working to. Then bring the synths back in, see if they exceed the set threshold and work from there to get it sounding to taste. I'd be willing to bet that they are a good few db's louder than the rest of it and causing you to loose a bit of headroom in the whole mix.

Looking forward to hearing version 2!

For me I'd take the section at 02:13 and get that loop mixed down to perfection. Gets the drums and bass really working together and push it to the volume threshold that your working to. Then bring the synths back in, see if they exceed the set threshold and work from there to get it sounding to taste. I'd be willing to bet that they are a good few db's louder than the rest of it and causing you to loose a bit of headroom in the whole mix.

Looking forward to hearing version 2!
Yes that may be a good one! I reference with this track:
Drums are a bit more in the back with these tracks, but i might try to match mine a bit better. Thanks again!

hi jordi, good to see your newest track, I like this one a lot. has a lot of drive and is well arranged.
and, your drums have improved a lot, sound much more processed this time and on spot. I love those reverb claps. :cool:
all sounds in line and you have some interesting variations, this makes this tune very easy to listen to. and, those pads are lovely!!
on my speakers, the background guitar riff frequencies are not coming across well (from 1:06 i.e.), maybe you can scoop some of the mid range?
the male vocal chops could use some more variations, but not necessarily. overall, pro-sounding track, well done, cheers mate! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom