Battletek - Moondust Memory (Liquid/Dancefloor DNB) Feedback?!

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by BattleteK, Apr 29, 2016.

1. BattleteK

BattleteK Active Member

Hi guys,

Made another tune with an old camo&krooked vibe to it, what do you think of it? > listen here

maschinistom likes this.
  2. maschinistom

maschinistom Active Member

hello battletek, nice track, i love the summer vibe of it. the drums are really really nice, punchy and clear, just as they should be. i like the evolving sound of the vocal hook a lot, too. contrary to that, the 1-2 1-2 rhythm of bass and synth is not my personal taste, i think the first real change is after 2:10 min, should be earlier imo. i would suggest to add variation to this, add notes or cut some out and change patterns each 8 or 16 bars. would add more swing and groove to the track and make it more interesting, but again this is my personal taste. good track of yours! :2thumbs:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  3. BattleteK

BattleteK Active Member

Hey man, thanks! Great to hear it's technically pretty okay! Thanks for your input

4. d-low

d-low I know you got soul

I think theres a lot of good techniques in here, i have to speak objectively as this is pretty much the opposite of my dnb taste, but it seems like the main synth is too loud and over-riding the track and maybe the sub should go louder instead, you could switch up the sub bass somehow by using more interesting sub-sounds between the gaps in the stabs maybe? I dont know but the drums and that little sort of bird noise synth behind the snare (if that makes any sense) are really awesome

5. BattleteK

BattleteK Active Member

Thanks you!! I will reference it an look into it! :}

6. Rounder RG

Rounder RG Active Member

Everything is nice and crisp as always, synth work is sounding good. Sounds a little bit more cluttered than some of your previous productions. I like it from about 3 minutes onwards when everything feels like it has a little space to breathe. Nice work!

7. BattleteK

BattleteK Active Member

Thanks mate!! really nice to hear :)