Battletek - Moondust Memory (Liquid/Dancefloor DNB) Feedback?!

maschinistom

VIP Junglist
hello battletek, nice track, i love the summer vibe of it. the drums are really really nice, punchy and clear, just as they should be. i like the evolving sound of the vocal hook a lot, too. contrary to that, the 1-2 1-2 rhythm of bass and synth is not my personal taste, i think the first real change is after 2:10 min, should be earlier imo. i would suggest to add variation to this, add notes or cut some out and change patterns each 8 or 16 bars. would add more swing and groove to the track and make it more interesting, but again this is my personal taste. good track of yours! :2thumbs:

Last edited:

BattleteK

hello battletek, nice track, i love the summer vibe of it. the drums are really really nice, punchy and clear, just as they should be. i like the evolving sound of the vocal hook a lot, too. contrary to that, the 1-2 1-2 rhythm of bass and synth is not my personal taste, i think the first real change is after 2:10 min, should be earlier imo. i would suggest to add variation to this, add notes or cut some out and change patterns each 8 or 16 bars. would add more swing and groove to the track and make it more interesting, but again this is my personal taste. good track of yours! :2thumbs:
Hey man, thanks! Great to hear it's technically pretty okay! Thanks for your input

d-low

I know you got soul
VIP Junglist
I think theres a lot of good techniques in here, i have to speak objectively as this is pretty much the opposite of my dnb taste, but it seems like the main synth is too loud and over-riding the track and maybe the sub should go louder instead, you could switch up the sub bass somehow by using more interesting sub-sounds between the gaps in the stabs maybe? I dont know but the drums and that little sort of bird noise synth behind the snare (if that makes any sense) are really awesome

BattleteK

I think theres a lot of good techniques in here, i have to speak objectively as this is pretty much the opposite of my dnb taste, but it seems like the main synth is too loud and over-riding the track and maybe the sub should go louder instead, you could switch up the sub bass somehow by using more interesting sub-sounds between the gaps in the stabs maybe? I dont know but the drums and that little sort of bird noise synth behind the snare (if that makes any sense) are really awesome
Thanks you!! I will reference it an look into it! :}

Rounder RG

Everything is nice and crisp as always, synth work is sounding good. Sounds a little bit more cluttered than some of your previous productions. I like it from about 3 minutes onwards when everything feels like it has a little space to breathe. Nice work!

BattleteK

Everything is nice and crisp as always, synth work is sounding good. Sounds a little bit more cluttered than some of your previous productions. I like it from about 3 minutes onwards when everything feels like it has a little space to breathe. Nice work!
Thanks mate!! really nice to hear :)