Drum & Bass BattleteK - Lethal Dose [Jump up] [2nd track ever]

BattleteK

Hey guys,

thanks for reading. This is my first post and topic on DNBForum, and hopefully i'm at the right place for my track. It's my second one, but I really need HONEST opinions on it. Of what can be better, of what's good etc.
Would really appreciate it guys! you can check it out here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s...AFZ5AlSmRCoKEV3wE8Z5ADuGma_xNCpTZqA3JpRS_6Vbg
IT"S YET "UNMASTERED". But I want to have your opinion on the composition, if the bassline and all sounds okay!

Thanks again, you're doing me a huge favor. Let me know If i can check yours too.

Last edited:

smoothassilk

VIP Junglist
I'm actually in the same position as you, so you have the right to ignore me if you want to. I made my seoond tune and posted it on here a few weeks ago.
https://soundcloud.com/smoothassilk/second-beginning/s-xfZEi
Overall, the tune has the right kinda feel to it: it's got potential to be good, but it needs more work. The structure and length of the sections are right, and the fills and grooves are good for a beginner.
Ok, now the crit:
First off, get a soundcloud account. It's what everyone uses to post their tunes, and it's great.
The pitchshifted voices made me laugh, rather than sounding awesome like you intended. It's just a bit cliched and ameteurish, especially with that hard right/left panning.

The bass isn't actually very dirty; try some phase/amplitude modulation, wavetable sounds, hard sync or distortion to make it more grimy. Also try getting multiple oscillators and LFOing them to pan different ways, creates a bit of movement in the patch.
I hope I'm not bombarding you with terms you don't know, ask if you haven't heard of stuff: I keep coming across new techniques I don't know what they do.

BattleteK

I'm actually in the same position as you, so you have the right to ignore me if you want to. I made my seoond tune and posted it on here a few weeks ago.
https://soundcloud.com/smoothassilk/second-beginning/s-xfZEi
Overall, the tune has the right kinda feel to it: it's got potential to be good, but it needs more work. The structure and length of the sections are right, and the fills and grooves are good for a beginner.
Ok, now the crit:
First off, get a soundcloud account. It's what everyone uses to post their tunes, and it's great.
The pitchshifted voices made me laugh, rather than sounding awesome like you intended. It's just a bit cliched and ameteurish, especially with that hard right/left panning.

The bass isn't actually very dirty; try some phase/amplitude modulation, wavetable sounds, hard sync or distortion to make it more grimy. Also try getting multiple oscillators and LFOing them to pan different ways, creates a bit of movement in the patch.
I hope I'm not bombarding you with terms you don't know, ask if you haven't heard of stuff: I keep coming across new techniques I don't know what they do.
Thanks man! Just what I need :) Gonna work on it then. Will check yours now! thanks a lot! Well from what I hear you're more expierenced then me ! sounding dope, maybe some more switchup to make it less repeating?

Last edited:

smoothassilk

VIP Junglist
Ok, that's definitely an improvement... call and answer kinda thing in the bass is cool.
I like the talking bass, that's nice, but I think that the other sound isn't great, it's a bit muddy and doesn't have as much power as the talking bass. It needs have more low frequency content, try dropping it an octave or putting in a sub of some sort (sine, triangle, low-passed square)
Or you could leave it and get on with a new tune.