Bassy Drumstep Track

It sounds a bit messy lots of overlapping freqs. Somehow I really, really hate that snare.
With a little bit of polishing this could be awesome though.

Kinds regards ;)

It sounds a bit messy lots of overlapping freqs. Somehow I really, really hate that snare.
With a little bit of polishing this could be awesome though.

Kinds regards ;)

cheers for the feedback. yeah, nothing has been EQ'd/compressed/mastered yet, still lots of things to iron out.

i normally go for punchy snares in DnB tracks but wanted to go for a different style of percussion on this one. i didn't ask for feedback on the drums only because people on here tend to judge tracks from a producer's standpoint, rather than a listener, and i was expecting someone to tell me to layer snares on top and overly complicate it etc.

i appreciate your opinion, thanks.

I like the snare. It is very rock and roll. However because of that you might want to try more rolls and bounce with it just to add some dynamics to it.
From a listener's standpoint you need a better bridge and some vocals and a bit more variety. Your wobbles are cool but I'm afraid they never hit just right at some point to give your song full momentum. Hope this helps and can't wait to hear the finished version.

I like the snare. It is very rock and roll. However because of that you might want to try more rolls and bounce with it just to add some dynamics to it.
From a listener's standpoint you need a better bridge and some vocals and a bit more variety. Your wobbles are cool but I'm afraid they never hit just right at some point to give your song full momentum. Hope this helps and can't wait to hear the finished version.

exactly what i needed to hear. thanks mate. glad u see the reason for the snare and thanks for the tips, will take it into consideration for the revised version!

Back
Top Bottom