Basslines and Reese.

DanDnB

Bass and Drums
Hello,

Sorry if this is a newb question, I couldn't really find the answer I was looking for.

A reese to me is a harsh, deep, dirty, gritty awesome sound.

A bassline is just a low frequency hum that goes with the song.

What frequencies should a typical reese sit at, and can I have my bassline and my reese produce harmony? Because the bassline is so low and the reese is so low, i dont know if its possible to have them play together.

Thanks!

Hello,

Sorry if this is a newb question, I couldn't really find the answer I was looking for.

A reese to me is a harsh, deep, dirty, gritty awesome sound.

A bassline is just a low frequency hum that goes with the song.

What frequencies should a typical reese sit at, and can I have my bassline and my reese produce harmony? Because the bassline is so low and the reese is so low, i dont know if its possible to have them play together.

Thanks!

Typically you want to distinguish between bass and sub-bass. Sub-bass is typically just a low-passed sine/square wave with a cutoff at around 80-90Hz or so.

Reese, however, can stretch from like 120Hz to like 25kHz, just need to find out for yourself what sound you are going for. Could probably take up the whole frequency range if you wanted it to. Just equalize it so it sits well in the rest of the mix.

Reese is one of those things where it's usually the last thing I equalize since it can be so dominant and so wide.

Oh and yes they can produce a form of harmony, in fact they have to unless you want it to sound like a shit mix.

No worries. I checked again though and it seems the freq-range for where reese sounds any good is more around 120Hz-500Hz. Roll-off but don't cutoff the rest.

Back
Top Bottom