Drum & Bass Bassline and Drums - sounds okay?

Discussion in 'Production' started by Astroshade, May 6, 2014.

1. Astroshade

Astroshade New Member

Hi!

I'm working on a new track.
    I don't have a lot of experience with Drum n Bass - but please, bare with me.

So I'm asking you guys to listen to my Kick, my Bass, and my sub. And tell me if you think it sounds good, and if not, How i can improve them.
    Thank you!

Keep in mind that on top of all this i got others instruments and vocals

Here's the link
    https://soundcloud.com/astroshade/drums-and-sub-test-1/s-RDOLd

2. Quotec

Quotec Active Member

I pretty much liked the heavy kick, but I would tune it down a little because it sounds too heavy. Don´t add too much Dbs to low end(below 150Hz) on kick because it seems that you´ve done just that. Also check your kicks compression. It depends on your style but I think you should actually change your kick sound. Bring the volume of kick down as well, try to highlight the snare. Again depends on your style but I would also introduce some low end on snare(200-300Hz area). Make sure that your instruments frequencies don´t fight with each other e.g I would recommend to cut(or make some dips) in places where frequencies overlap. For example if your kick has some noise in 200-300Hz area, I would make a small dip in this area(adjustment of few Dbs) to give snare some breathing space.

As to sub I, again, don´t boost too much. Literally sub should be felt not heard. Hope I was helpful.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  3. Astroshade

Astroshade New Member

Thank you!
    Okay I'll do just that.

When the song starts to get finished I'll throw in the entire piece, and maybe you can gimme a second feedback?
    Thank you!

4. Solace

Solace Active Member

I can't really add much more to that...
    Indeed, the kick is a bit too heavy, and the snare needs to stand out more
    Try making the snare punching, and some low and can help

The bass sounds quite distorted, but that might be just fine with the rest of the song, that hard to judge

also, when you upload your full song (which I'm eager to hear), put it in the sub-forum 'new talent and track reviews'

5. Astroshade

Astroshade New Member

I'll be sure to do that :D
    Thanks guys!