Dubstep Bass Wobble

Yeahh I have to say, I think it's pretty basic. You got the automation and LFO functionality right, but the overall sound off the bass sound itself could have some work, maybe make the midrange layer and octave lower since it's sounding a little high if you ask me. Maybe it can be even simpler by just turning one of the oscillators down an octave, this might give it more body if done right.

i'll give that a try, cheers. at the moment its only 2 stems, 1 for drums, 1 for bass, so when i play around with the bass more and add layers it should get more interesting.

btw the track in ur sig has an immense drop, nice work!

I'm pretty much with ARTFX on this one. You should process each band individually. If your using Ableton, I suggest you group your synth to an instrument rack and duplicate the chains either 1 or 2 times. Then use an EQ-3 to let only the desired frequencies pass and shape them to your liking afterwards. The mid-band is actually the most important. So make sure you do some EQ work on it and distort in in different ways.The Camel Phat VST is your friend here. For the bass band there's not much to it: just a compressor and maybe a hint of distortion (distortion, when you use just a sine wave, which you should consider, to add a little more harmonics). The Noise you have in there is a nice touch, but not dirty enough in my opinion. Chop it up with the step sequencer (if you're using massive) or something. Also I don't know what's your unison setting, but I get best results for bass wobbles at extreme settings like 10!

Hope this might help experimenting. In the end you gotta find out yourself what to do to achieve the sound you are looking for.

Cheers

Last edited:
Yeahh I have to say, I think it's pretty basic. You got the automation and LFO functionality right, but the overall sound off the bass sound itself could have some work, maybe make the midrange layer and octave lower since it's sounding a little high if you ask me. Maybe it can be even simpler by just turning one of the oscillators down an octave, this might give it more body if done right.

agreed with him.

Not bad dude, some of the sounds were pretty cool. However, some of them were pretty nasty (not in like a "yeah blud, that tune is filth" way though) in my opinion!

Room for improvement for sure but nice one :D

Back
Top Bottom