DnB Bass (WIP)

Yo Mike Z

I think the levels are pretty solid. The kick is big but maybe a bit too much low end however it sits with the bass ok. The snare is ok it doesnt get lost in the mix but it still could cut through a bit more. The percussion is nice but it all needs more top end. Maybe you could send the drum or percussion bus to a parallel bus which has all the low and mid cut and then very very high compression on just the top end and then mix them back together. It is similar to NY compression but with no low end and it should give a bit of fizz or crispiness. The FX and pad bits are good.

The bass needs some top end as well because it is quite dull sounding like it has been filtered. Try to get it balanced with the top end of the vocal sample.

I like that weird stab noise that starts building in the breakdown around 1:30 and I think this should be more the focus of the track. Have it filtering in during the intro build and then put the bass line around it. With some gaps of no bass and just the drums.

If I had to make one suggestion it would be to get some top end on the bass.

Yo Mike Z

I think the levels are pretty solid. The kick is big but maybe a bit too much low end however it sits with the bass ok. The snare is ok it doesnt get lost in the mix but it still could cut through a bit more. The percussion is nice but it all needs more top end. Maybe you could send the drum or percussion bus to a parallel bus which has all the low and mid cut and then very very high compression on just the top end and then mix them back together. It is similar to NY compression but with no low end and it should give a bit of fizz or crispiness. The FX and pad bits are good.

The bass needs some top end as well because it is quite dull sounding like it has been filtered. Try to get it balanced with the top end of the vocal sample.

I like that weird stab noise that starts building in the breakdown around 1:30 and I think this should be more the focus of the track. Have it filtering in during the intro build and then put the bass line around it. With some gaps of no bass and just the drums.

If I had to make one suggestion it would be to get some top end on the bass.
Thanks a lot for the fantastic feedback man!

Back
Top Bottom