Bass Wavs

I am but i used to make alot of jump up and learning different styles, im trying out re-sampling atm so just wanted to play around really... Heading towards lenzman bassline :D

ahh cool, I gets ya.

My suggestion would be to start off with a nice solid reece, lowpassed, then just play around with some notes and see where that takes ya.

and an 808, take an 808, overdrive it, layer, detune, lowpass and get the transient up. thats a fairly normal sound in liquid, is it not? when you overdrive a sine you get squares apparently. so maybe start with making a reece from squares instead of saws? could be cool, maybe.

and an 808, take an 808, overdrive it, layer, detune, lowpass and get the transient up. thats a fairly normal sound in liquid, is it not? when you overdrive a sine you get squares apparently. so maybe start with making a reece from squares instead of saws? could be cool, maybe.

this ^^

i wouldnt use a 808 anymore. just take a sine and pitchenvelope it if you want that sound. 808 sounds dated imo.

and squares as a starting point for liquid basses is a must. try not to detune them but to layer one of them 4 or 7 semitones apart. gives you that liquidy sound.

and play around with resonance instead of cut off for wobbles, makes them kinda smoother.

hf ;)

layer one of them 4 or 7 semitones apart. gives you that liquidy sound.

;)
This one should be an octave up me reckons (y)

Didn't know that about overdriving sines, but if you're introducing harmonics then I guess it must get pretty squarish?

80d8d, I like.

You would get a square eventually but that's because it's clipping the crap out of it, there's better ways to do it...the more you distort and overdrive, the harder it's gonna be to get a decent fundamental sound, and bass is all about fundamentals. less is more, etc.

and besides, isn't an 808 just a sine with a pitch drop? :p

it is. ^^^^^

this ^^

i wouldnt use a 808 anymore. just take a sine and pitchenvelope it if you want that sound. 808 sounds dated imo.

and yeah, layering semitones apart in subbass regions wont help you :D - sry for the bad explanation.

but yeah, 'synthliquid' has mostly just sin-basses with volume-lfos. for the more darker liquid youd defo need a lowpassed reece.

and if youre overdriving any sound, you raise the loudness of the harmonics in comparison to the fundamentals so to say (i know this isnt technically right^^) - so you respectively loose punch within a sine wave if you squash it too much.. but you could always layer another clean one over the distorted, hipassed harmonics of the other one..

Back
Top Bottom