Bass Wavs

I am but i used to make alot of jump up and learning different styles, im trying out re-sampling atm so just wanted to play around really... Heading towards lenzman bassline :D

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
ahh cool, I gets ya.

My suggestion would be to start off with a nice solid reece, lowpassed, then just play around with some notes and see where that takes ya.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
and an 808, take an 808, overdrive it, layer, detune, lowpass and get the transient up. thats a fairly normal sound in liquid, is it not? when you overdrive a sine you get squares apparently. so maybe start with making a reece from squares instead of saws? could be cool, maybe.

groelle

VIP Junglist
and an 808, take an 808, overdrive it, layer, detune, lowpass and get the transient up. thats a fairly normal sound in liquid, is it not? when you overdrive a sine you get squares apparently. so maybe start with making a reece from squares instead of saws? could be cool, maybe.
this ^^

i wouldnt use a 808 anymore. just take a sine and pitchenvelope it if you want that sound. 808 sounds dated imo.

and squares as a starting point for liquid basses is a must. try not to detune them but to layer one of them 4 or 7 semitones apart. gives you that liquidy sound.

and play around with resonance instead of cut off for wobbles, makes them kinda smoother.

hf ;)

You would get a square eventually but that's because it's clipping the crap out of it, there's better ways to do it...the more you distort and overdrive, the harder it's gonna be to get a decent fundamental sound, and bass is all about fundamentals. less is more, etc.

and besides, isn't an 808 just a sine with a pitch drop? :p

groelle

VIP Junglist
it is. ^^^^^

this ^^

i wouldnt use a 808 anymore. just take a sine and pitchenvelope it if you want that sound. 808 sounds dated imo.

and yeah, layering semitones apart in subbass regions wont help you :D - sry for the bad explanation.

but yeah, 'synthliquid' has mostly just sin-basses with volume-lfos. for the more darker liquid youd defo need a lowpassed reece.

and if youre overdriving any sound, you raise the loudness of the harmonics in comparison to the fundamentals so to say (i know this isnt technically right^^) - so you respectively loose punch within a sine wave if you squash it too much.. but you could always layer another clean one over the distorted, hipassed harmonics of the other one..