Bass under a sample

BLoodstaiN`

Well i've got this sample in a song i'm reworking,
and i wanna get a subbass undearneath it but it sounds so damn ugly because you hear the subb too good. and if i compress the subb, there's no bass anymore.
If i put the sample louder, my drums will suffer from it.

So atm i've got a sub, which i've used in other songs, so it's okay. BUt under this sample it sounds soooooo ugly.
This is also the first time i'm using a sample of a synth.

not sure if someone will understand this, since i'm not good at explaining things ;p

not sure i understand 100%
But i take it you have eq'd the drums and sample to give the sub bass room?
If so then perhaps the sample and the subbass are in different keys - which makes it sound odd?
Maybe try changing the key?

The sample is in C, the subbass is too.
My drums are coming through niceley though.
It's not a problem with the drums, but rather a problem that the sample doesn't take enough space.
It's like a mono sound and the sub has this awful digital sound.

hmm
If you want your sample to sound fatter/wider you can add a touch of reverb or chorus.
Maybe duplicate it and pan one hard left one hard right?

Maybe it's not the sub but the main sample which is giving problems, try EQing the sample first to make some room for the sub.
Also you could take out the low end and sub from the sample instead of only the sub and layer a plain low end saw wave underneath to give it a solid low end.

Not sure if I understand the problem right, but try loading the sample into different channels. Keep one clean with only the sub and leave that alone, have one with only the low end and do any modification and stuff on that one.

Back
Top Bottom