Bass Station II & 2i2 Connection

Menosance

aka OSOI
VIP Junglist
Hi lads,

I recently bought a Bass Station 2 and a Scarlett 2i2 as an audio interface and would like to know how to connect them together. I don't use monitors so 2 ports are enough (as far as I know). I already have 2 MIDI cables bought just in case. Should I buy a different type of cable??

Much Love,
Meno :)

6.3mm balanced TRS cables is what you need afaik. (Is what I used to hook up my sherman filterbank to my 18i20.)
If it's a mono synth you just need one for the input and another one for the output.

Re: Bass Station II & 2i2 Connection

TRS cables it is then. But does the BS2 take them?? It only has 2 MIDI (in & out), USB, and 2 jacks for EXT IN and LINE OUTPUT (mono).

- - - Updated - - -

apart from the headphones and sustain jacks and power input obviously.

Last edited:
Re: Bass Station II & 2i2 Connection

TRS cables it is then. But does the BS2 take them?? It only has 2 MIDI (in & out), USB, and 2 jacks for EXT IN and LINE OUTPUT (mono).

- - - Updated - - -

apart from the headphones and sustain jacks and power input obviously.

Yes, that's how you connect them. Midi cables don't transfer sound :).

Output of your soundcard goes into the input of the BS2, then the output of the BS2 goes into your interface's input.
I'm not 100% sure if a 2i2 can even run it, so you may have to return it and get a different interface that has enough ports.

Hi lads,

I recently bought a Bass Station 2 and a Scarlett 2i2 as an audio interface and would like to know how to connect them together. I don't use monitors so 2 ports are enough (as far as I know). I already have 2 MIDI cables bought just in case. Should I buy a different type of cable??

Much Love,
Meno :)

You don't need another interface assuming you're using a computer as your DAW/production source.

BS2 to computer via USB. This will control MIDI input and communication between your DAW and the BS2 (automation, CC, etc.).
BS2 Output to 2i2 Input via TRS 1/4". This will capture the audio output signal of the BS2.

Since you're not using monitors, simply plug your headphones into the interface of the 2i2.

TIP: To maximize gain staging, max out the volume of the BS2 and adjust the input levels as needed per the 2i2. Due to BS2's analog signal path, you can crank the master volume to the fullest without fear of any signal issues...some say you even get a bit of natural saturation as a result...

Cheers.

Hi guys, without making a new thread pretty much the same question, just I'm using a AUDIOBOX USB (witch is so similar) + monitors. Is there any way to hook them up without using a DI box (direct injection)?

Attachments

• audioboxusb2x206lg.jpg
    audioboxusb2x206lg.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 54
I've got a novation mini nova and a focus rite 2i2. I run the 1/4" jacks from the output of the mini nova into the front 2 sockets of the 2i2. I'm guessing it's the same for the bass sation 2 considering they're both novation products

Thanks for your answers! I was asking about di box coz that's what I found on presonus website:
"While one can make this connection physically, it is not advisable. The AudioBox USB and AudioBox 22VSL devices accept microphone or instrument level signals only. A microphone, passive electric guitar, passive electric bass, etc., create signals that are very weak - this is because these signals are physically generated by the instrument or mic itself, not through electronic amplification.

The AudioBox USB and AudioBox 22VSL devices are designed to preamplify these weak signals to line level so that they can be better treated by the device. However, these devices are not intended to accept an already preamplified, or line level, signal. A line level source is too powerful for the preamps of these devices and could potentially damage the unit, requiring a repair. " that's why they recommend to run it through di box

Back
Top Bottom