Bass Sound Help ??

elijahsymons

Hey i just heard this from fliwo, quality tune and was just wondering how to make that kinda sine wobble sound. Ive heard a similar sound in alott of old skool tunes and was just wondering if anyone could give me any pointers or tips on how to create this sound :L

thank you ;)

There's no example here....but im gona take a stab at answering this mystery by saying...... : play two sine notes together. The note you want, leave at full velocity. Then play the next note above it with half the velocity than the other......e.g I want to play E so I play F also but I bring F's velocity down....
That should make it wobble. you can also pitch bend this to go high to low etc and get that old school jungly sound etc

There are multiple ways of doing this, detuning 2 oscilators is one other way but that is the easiest way to get a wobble sound and semi-have control.

Last edited:
it would help if you had a sound to hear so we could say, but i think i know what your going on about, open any synth 1st osc = sine wave 2nd osc sine wave +/-1, boom, wobbly sub, use pitch bend on it too, hope this helped

Assuming it's the bass from fliwo's stories coming on escapism
Extending from sammy's second suggestion: detuning two oscillators. If you're using massive make an 808 kick, if you don't know how just youtube it (Basically a sine sub with just a pluck-like envelope) With this 808, under the assumption that the 1st osc is already a sine pitched down two octaves, detune till its 24.67. Enable the second osc. Sine again but 23.33 semitones. Mess around with the decay to dictate the duration of the wobble etc.
I believe the track is in Dmin. Could be wrong tho.

Last edited:
cool, i'd just prefer doing it with the original 808 sample than resynthesizing it but that's just me

Roland_TR-808_drum_machine.jpg

Assuming it's the bass from fliwo's stories coming on escapism
Extending from sammy's second suggestion: detuning two oscillators. If you're using massive make an 808 kick, if you don't know how just youtube it (Basically a sine sub with just a pluck-like envelope) With this 808, under the assumption that the 1st osc is already a sine pitched down two octaves, detune till its 24.67. Enable the second osc. Sine again but 23.33 semitones. Mess around with the decay to dictate the duration of the wobble etc.
I believe the track is in Dmin. Could be wrong tho.

Yeah man thats the one ;) cheers for this ill have a go and see what happens :)

Back
Top Bottom