Bass resampling video tutorial

polymass

@humanowrkshop
Hey all,

So i've been working on a new resample technique. It's a combination of my old workflow and some new elements. I used to just make a long recording with loads of automations, in the key of the song, using portamento etc.

Then load that recording in my project and start layering, arranging, pitching that. I split the frequencies, add fx to each channel (low, mid, high) etc. From there on my new technique starts. I record samples that are perfect for granulating. And they must be complementary to the bass your re sampling. Load the granulized audio in a slicer and start layering it with your bass samples.

The song below is still a work in progress, but shows to some extend what I'm doing atm:

https://soundcloud.com/http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fpolymass%2Fbass
Tutorials:
Watch in HD
Part1
Part2
Part3

Last edited by a moderator:

ARTFX

Artist, sound designer and tutor
VIP Junglist
Wowww, this is actually a method I'm working a lot with right now, looking forward to part 3!

Great Stuff Man! I just started getting into this method of re sampling and it's always great to see how other people do things to get a starting point for my own way =D

Thanks for the vids!

This is probably a dumb question but I dl'ed KT Granulizer to experiment with the stuff you did in the first vid but I can't seem to access it in Logic. Do I need to put the .component file somewhere in order to get logic to recognize it?

polymass

@humanowrkshop
Thanks for the vids!

This is probably a dumb question but I dl'ed KT Granulizer to experiment with the stuff you did in the first vid but I can't seem to access it in Logic. Do I need to put the .component file somewhere in order to get logic to recognize it?
No clue, but issnt that a system file for Mac? I only work with mac on work and we only use PT and are not allowed to download any freeware ;)

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

In any case there are more in description box on youtube (also for mac)

Bit off subject but when you planning on uploading part 3? That's the part I'm extremely interested in seeing =) at any rate I've watched these 2 videos like 10 times each, great stuff man ( i know i posted earlier but what the hell you deserve it)

polymass

@humanowrkshop
Bit off subject but when you planning on uploading part 3? That's the part I'm extremely interested in seeing =) at any rate I've watched these 2 videos like 10 times each, great stuff man ( i know i posted earlier but what the hell you deserve it)
That;s great to hear! many thanks, good motivator to make the final part!

That being said: maybe later tonight or tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 23:58 ---------- Previous post was at 23:57 ----------

I figured it out. I had to pull the .component file into the Logic library. Nothing too tough. Thanks for the reply
Cool glad it worked out. Let me know if it's useful.

polymass

@humanowrkshop
So While doing the 3rd tutorial I cover some aspects of audio analyzes. Since this is an important part of glueing the bass lines and samples together. It's really easy with the right tools. So I wrote a "Best Free Audio analyzer" Post on my website.

I'll finish the tutorial Saturday evening. For now, check out the analyzer VST round up: http://durkkooistra.com/2011/03/12/the-big-free-audio-analyzers-round-up/