bass question

sotalex

man your battlestations
I just made a bass loop that is nothing special, just a regular sin wave...

So I wanted to make it slighty wobble (put an LFO on it), but now I want to make this LFO kick in after a few seconds if you know what I mean...
I used massive but I can't figure out how to do this...

any tips on this?

cheers

what programme are you using FL?
if so then click on it and click INS. at the bottom the lfo is there so click TB and then right click the knob that says DEL and set it to how many steps you want. and set the attack to 0 and adjust the amount you ant. hope this helps.

untitled2.jpg

the stuff with a red box around it is whats important.

thnx! Now I know what you're talking about, except there's no INS screen when you're using massive... althought I could save it as an audio file and bring it back in!

thnx again bruv usefull postage!

thnx! Now I know what you're talking about, except there's no INS screen when you're using massive... althought I could save it as an audio file and bring it back in!

thnx again bruv usefull postage!

this is what i do with massive, IMO its good for making the inital noise, bu personally i think the modulation on it isnt that great (maybe im just crap) but i prefere the fruity sampler anyday.

or you could use automation and link it to the amount knob but i only have the fruity edition so i coudnt tell you how to do that sorry.

this is what i do with massive, IMO its good for making the inital noise, bu personally i think the modulation on it isnt that great (maybe im just crap) but i prefere the fruity sampler anyday.

i dont know man, the modulation is the only thing massive has got that really kicks ass and grabbed my attention.

you can have stepper, performance or normal LFO modulation. knob modulation, macro mods, triple mods etc. its very extensive,

in fact there is a tutorial for making wobble in massive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZYDmw2pYOk

best tutorial ever for wobble, nice n basic info.

adjust to taste and good luck matey ;)

or you could use automation and link it to the amount knob but i only have the fruity edition so i coudnt tell you how to do that sorry.

You can automate any knob in massive using fl studio.

Choose what filters you want and wot not first, in the massive interface there is a dropdown menu at the top left hand corner and click it.... then in that drop down menu there is an option that says "make editor thumbnail", click that and under GENERATORS in the browser on the left, click the wrapper (massive) and all the knobs will be there to choose from. Now you just find the knob you want to automate (in the browser) left click and select "create automation clip". go to the playlist and the automation will be ready to manipulate.

There is another way but i wont go into that.

You can automate any knob in massive using fl studio........

There is another way but i wont go into that.
this works with all the ones ive tried........
move desired knob or fader on screen with mouse--
(plug button) upper left corner of plugin---{click}
dropdown--
last tweaked parameter-----
------------------------------create automation clip--(creates envelope point type automation)

OR
------------------------------link to controller---(move midi controller knob or fader)

yoink!

automate.jpg

So I wanted to make it slighty wobble (put an LFO on it), but now I want to make this LFO kick in after a few seconds if you know what I mean...

any tips on this?

cheers

I think your trying to re create the same effect I have posted up about, I found applying an envelope to the filter cut off like below gives that sort of effect - I'm not sure if its the best way tho as it's not as clear and punchy as I've heard others use...

wobble.jpg

any tips on this?

cheers
hi there, i'm new in here but I think I know what you are looking for and it seems quiet simple to me.

I made a screenshot to be sure we are talking about the same thing...
massivelfoenvez.jpg

So I have this one osc being filtered and the cutoff being modulated by the LFO 5 to achieve a wobble. You said u want the lfo to "kick in after a few seconds". If this few seconds of "nonwobbling" shall repeat each time u trigger a new note, then this is the way to go: you just modulate the LFOs amp knob by its very own internal envelope and set the attack and decay settings to your taste. However if u want more complex or just more precise settings I suggest to use one of the standard envelopes like someone has mentioned already. Just link enve 1, 2, 3 or 4 to the same knob and set it up.

If you dont want it to be triggered everytime u hit a key but more like at the beginning of each bar or something like that, u should use a stepper (for "step-like" modulation) or a performer (for more complex "kicking in & out"). The stepper settings could look somewhat like on the picture, ofc u have to choose the right sync or rate settings to achieve your desired "few seconds" and you obviously want the Restart function to be OFF.
massivelfostep.jpg

Now if you want to "squelch" the LFO just in some particular parts of the project instead of periodicaly, you will probably have to forget about the internal modulators of massive and use the automation through midi CC in your DAW. Link the mentioned amp knob of the LFO to one of the 8 macro controls. The midi CC IDs assigned to them by default are 1 and 20-26. I'm using Cubase so I don't really know how the automation works in FL but I'm pretty sure there is some :). Then you can draw the LFOed and un-LFOed parts with your own hand.

I realize now my post has become a novel... tbh the reason might be that I'm not an experienced producer and I'm curious if my poor knowledge can be any helpfull, so I tried to make myself very clear. Maybe there are other ways of doing the same thing or maybe I don't understand what exactly you were asking... if that's the case then... yeah I've just wasted 5 minutes with describing a softsynth, that's not that bad :D.
Cheers

Btw. English is not my native language so please excuse any possible mistakes and typos.

Back
Top Bottom