Bass question

thesunsetsdown

Ok so Im working on a trackand it has that Jump Up/roller type feel with the bass, you know the one with the deep hits and those oh so sweet sounding high hits. Well I have a sick bassline going sounds great through my headphones, but when I bump it in my car all I get is the lower note hits and none of the higher note hits can be heard clearly enough. I was wondering if there is a trick to getting you high hits to bump louder

it sounds like it's probably the system in your car... car hifi systems will often have an EQ dip around the 150 - 300Hz mark... cos those are the frequencies that will make everything rattle inside your car.

If you're convinced it's not the system... try adding compression to the bass, that'll bring any quieter notes up to level.

Another thing you have to consider is that your headphones might make those notes boom because they respond well to that frequency. My regular hi-fi speakers at home make high pitch bass notes seem like they are going to boom. The problem is, they are basically the notes that are hitting at the lowest end that the small subwoofer can reproduce well. The notes that really hit don't boom and aren't very audible because they speaker can't handle it. Getting a large sub will cure all that!

yeah with speakers it's pretty much a case of the bigger the cone the deeper the note that will set it off

Back
Top Bottom