Bass punch and tone

D-Jhepz

◕‿◕
VIP Junglist
I have quite a solid bass stab... very full and deep really shakes the room... now how to i had that punch and more so a bit of tone... preferably layered over as i dont wanna lose the initial dynamic but pitching it and playing around more with it?

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
Want me to make it for you while I'm here?

Seriously tho....We cant give you exact rules on a subject so vague. You want punch right? but what actual sound are you after? gritty, raspy.....hollow.......smooth? the list goes on. Like I said , try a sound with a quick attack on the ADSR. Maybe try adding some saturation to it in the FX chain, or a little overdrive?

marcelkennard

Storms comin in Annie
VIP Junglist
Put a really short pitch glide at the start of the sound like up an octave or 2- find the balance where you get a nice thump without hearing the actual change in pitch

D-Jhepz

◕‿◕
VIP Junglist
Want me to make it for you while I'm here?

Seriously tho....We cant give you exact rules on a subject so vague. You want punch right? but what actual sound are you after? gritty, raspy.....hollow.......smooth? the list goes on. Like I said , try a sound with a quick attack on the ADSR. Maybe try adding some saturation to it in the FX chain, or a little overdrive?
thats fair enough i was just wondering like some ideas... the punch i kinda do have... its the tone im more so after so its not just bass

https://soundcloud.com/d-jhepz%2Fbadman-updated
this is that bass im talking about the one that comes in at 0.44... i sent it to highpassed buss and added a bit of bitcrusher to get that growl but when i try pitching it up it loses its dynamic :/