Bass problem

vuze

Hey guys.

After a long time i finally can make that nice hollow smooth liquid bass , like in the most liquid tracks.
I used a square sub bass and a hollow sine or square layer with movement by detuning the waves en chorus tho make it bigger.
But the sound very edgy and doesn't sound clean like the most hollow basses i hear in tracks, so my question is if someone knows or have some tips how to get is right , i used EQ's and compressors so i think i'm missing something.

Many thanks!

I don't really know what you mean, but my guess is three saw waves, heavily detuned and resonance/lowpassed - a lowpassed reese.

Adding chorus or any stereo effect to a sound meant to produce low end is asking for trouble. Try creating two sounds-a low end mono sound and a mid-high freq sound with the stereo width you want and the low end cut. Combine the two into into a bus and process to taste.

Cheers.

A frequency split for monoing the bottom should fix it up. Chuck the chorus on the high end only so you can keep the low stuff clean. You can balance the split with bus EQ so everything sounds right.

Back
Top Bottom