Bass Music production methods (Ableton)

bassclips

So, my question to all the producers of Bass Music on this forum is...: How do you approach making a tune?

I watched quite a few of the tutorials about making tunes and I've noticed , that a lot of producers , while using Live , completely bypass the "live" part.....
I mean....first you sort your samples and synths out , then you start building the track....bottom up.
It might sound confusing but...
Does anybody here prepares the session as a live performance, practices it, records it as a live performance and then edits it into a tune?
I tried it recently and was surprised by the results...
Surprised by the amount of lucky, spontaneous accidents that wouldn't have happen otherwise.
Editing a long session might be a bit tedious but if you cut time of a take, it's not that bad.
And it's tremendous fun to do.

Any thoughts on this?

Also....
Does anybody here produce with mainly mobile devices? or a combination of both?
It's starting to sound better and better each year...

Also...
Does anybody here collaborate using Splice?

MentalFrame

I sometimes use an app on my iPad. It's pretty useful because it allows me to write down ideas I have and I can then export the midi files. Quite nice.

Derelicts Of Tomorrow

Amateur Pedophile
VIP Junglist
So, my question to all the producers of Bass Music on this forum is...: How do you approach making a tune?

I watched quite a few of the tutorials about making tunes and I've noticed , that a lot of producers , while using Live , completely bypass the "live" part.....
I mean....first you sort your samples and synths out , then you start building the track....bottom up.
It might sound confusing but...
Does anybody here prepares the session as a live performance, practices it, records it as a live performance and then edits it into a tune?
I tried it recently and was surprised by the results...
Surprised by the amount of lucky, spontaneous accidents that wouldn't have happen otherwise.
Editing a long session might be a bit tedious but if you cut time of a take, it's not that bad.
And it's tremendous fun to do.

Any thoughts on this?

Also....
Does anybody here produce with mainly mobile devices? or a combination of both?
It's starting to sound better and better each year...

Also...
Does anybody here collaborate using Splice?
To answer your question of are there any thoughts on this, I agree with you and think it is much more fun to perform it and let it record than to sit there and click a mouse and draw squares and if you love it just keep at it brother

Ihamitsu

Random Nolifer
In my opinion, there is a problem that ableton is basicaly two things at once... I mean, my cousin use ableton just for live performance ( equipped witch shittons of gear I don´t understand :D - just kidding ), but it never really was the plan for him to produce... And many producers, don´t really use the live aspect at all ...