Bass louder in left ear than in right ear. HELP

BR00TAL BOWSER94

The Old Soul Millennial
Hey Junglists and bass heads.
This is a pretty depressing way to introduce myself to the forum. I'm Will. I make Jungle, DnB, UK Hardcore, Electro-House, Hip Hop, Experimental, and a mixture of Metal. About 4 days ago, I started noticing bass being much louder in my left ear than in my right. So much so, that it's kinda annoying. I've tried switching the right headphone with the left but it still sounds like it's in my left ear. I fear that I may be experiencing hearing loss... I'm posting this thread just in case you guys might be able to help me. I hope I'm not losing the hearing in my left ear. Im only 21 and music (especially bass involved music) is my life... Thanks in advance.

Random thought, and probably stupid....but have you checked your audio settings, mixer controls etc to see if you haven't accidentally knocked a panning parameter?

Maybe use a different reference source, if its the same on a different set of cans, or through a completely different system then its you and not a technical error and you should visit your GP

Random thought, and probably stupid....but have you checked your audio settings, mixer controls etc to see if you haven't accidentally knocked a panning parameter?
He flipped his headphones with the same result, so that pretty much leaves out all technical explanations.

Hearing loss, both from old age and from external damage (like too much loud sound), takes away your ability to hear high frequencies first and foremost. So this is most likely not that, and probably not permanent either. Getting your ears cleaned will most likely sort you out, so talk to your doctor :)

Heed the warning though, and start being sensible about monitoring volume and protect your ears when you are at clubs/concerts. Tinnitus is real and irreversible, you don't want that.

+1 for wax dissolving Ear Drops, ask your pharmacist for a good type for you personally

if it doesn't work then goto your GP, they can get it out in various other ways (I wouldn't recommend the water injection method tho, there is a slight risk of total hearing loss)

+1 for wax dissolving Ear Drops, ask your pharmacist for a good type for you personally

if it doesn't work then goto your GP, they can get it out in various other ways (I wouldn't recommend the water injection method tho, there is a slight risk of total hearing loss)
Do you think I'm losing my hearing or maybe the ability to hear bass in my right ear or the ability to hear higher frequencies with my left?

Last edited:
Do you think I'm losing my hearing or maybe the ability to hear bass in my right ear or the ability to hear higher frequencies with my left?

wax is just like an ear plug, if that's the issue, it'll be sorted as soon as its gone - if not, goto (specsavers i think?) they free hearing tests (might be a different shop..)

Back
Top Bottom