Bass louder in left ear than in right ear. HELP

Discussion in 'Production' started by BR00TAL BOWSER94, Sep 3, 2015.

1. BR00TAL BOWSER94

BR00TAL BOWSER94 Active Member

Hey Junglists and bass heads.
    This is a pretty depressing way to introduce myself to the forum. I'm Will. I make Jungle, DnB, UK Hardcore, Electro-House, Hip Hop, Experimental, and a mixture of Metal. About 4 days ago, I started noticing bass being much louder in my left ear than in my right. So much so, that it's kinda annoying. I've tried switching the right headphone with the left but it still sounds like it's in my left ear. I fear that I may be experiencing hearing loss... I'm posting this thread just in case you guys might be able to help me. I hope I'm not losing the hearing in my left ear. Im only 21 and music (especially bass involved music) is my life... Thanks in advance.

2. Mike Rittenhouse

Mike Rittenhouse Mhouse

It's scary when that happens I have had that! Most likely just wax trapped deep in their (I know yuck) but best to go to the Doc to get it checked.

BR00TAL BOWSER94 likes this.
  3. BR00TAL BOWSER94

Ok. Thanks for commenting.

4. Brex

Brex The house guy

Friendly tip: Don't think about the fact it could be a bug nesting in there.

5. blend107

blend107 Active Member

Unfortunately that only serves to make him think about that possibility lol.
    I had this and it turned out to be wax in my ear

6. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Random thought, and probably stupid....but have you checked your audio settings, mixer controls etc to see if you haven't accidentally knocked a panning parameter?

Maybe use a different reference source, if its the same on a different set of cans, or through a completely different system then its you and not a technical error and you should visit your GP

7. lug00ber

lug00ber Active Member

He flipped his headphones with the same result, so that pretty much leaves out all technical explanations.

Hearing loss, both from old age and from external damage (like too much loud sound), takes away your ability to hear high frequencies first and foremost. So this is most likely not that, and probably not permanent either. Getting your ears cleaned will most likely sort you out, so talk to your doctor :)

Heed the warning though, and start being sensible about monitoring volume and protect your ears when you are at clubs/concerts. Tinnitus is real and irreversible, you don't want that.

8. BR00TAL BOWSER94

Thanks everyone. I'll take what you said into consideration.

9. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

+1 for wax dissolving Ear Drops, ask your pharmacist for a good type for you personally

if it doesn't work then goto your GP, they can get it out in various other ways (I wouldn't recommend the water injection method tho, there is a slight risk of total hearing loss)

10. BR00TAL BOWSER94

Do you think I'm losing my hearing or maybe the ability to hear bass in my right ear or the ability to hear higher frequencies with my left?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  11. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

wax is just like an ear plug, if that's the issue, it'll be sorted as soon as its gone - if not, goto (specsavers i think?) they free hearing tests (might be a different shop..)

12. BR00TAL BOWSER94

Ok. Thank you