Bass can kill?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by TerrA_, Dec 9, 2009.

1. TerrA_

TerrA_ Active Member

I just read this :

http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php?threadid=658276&cache=28

I remember having a bad trip during a live, I was fuckin stoned (as well as drunk but still less drunk than stoned)

After I finished another joint in the middle of the crowd, I felt like I HAD to go drink water cuz I was fuckin dehydrated & could feel the bass through all my body and it was quite bothering. I wanted to go to the toilets but BOUM black-hole, it just felt like 20000 years had passed while falling.. I got up like 10s after with many people helping me to get up, I was like 'hey what's goin on? what do you want? I got nothing for you! oh thanks by the way...' then I went to the toilets and everything was fine.

It was a really strange feeling, these seconds that seems like years..

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  2. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

scarey

3. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Thank god it wasnt on the valve system. RIP :lighter:

4. Dj Dirty Pimp

Dj Dirty Pimp Active Member

shit!

ive had that feeling before, i was at a rave 2months ago, id had no drugs, as i dont do them, id had about 2 poofs drinks (alco pops).

anyway the bass got well heavy at one point, i felt out of breath, my heart was poounding, and felt fluttery. then i lost my vision! for about 5 seconds i was stumbling aorund tryna see, rubing my eyes , i had no balance. then the bass stopped n it came back. it was so scary. I was blinded by the bass!

at the same point another guy had actually passed out and they had to stop the music to get a paramedic in, with the mc saying dont do class As if you cant handle them. Tbh he probably wernt on nothing, could have been the bass

scary man

5. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Read this in the metro this morning. Not good.

6. motion audio

motion audio Active Member

Nasty. Death by Bass ftl.

7. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

rip and all for the chap, but this is just sensationalist news. its more than likely that he had underlying issues.
    Fainting in a club is quite common, ive had it too. but its not the bass to blame for. True, some frequencies can affect your body, but i very much doubt that it can make someone pass out.more than likely its the lack of fresh air, rise in temperature, flashing lights etc.
    Even if you're feeling fine one minute and then you go down, theres many factors that can contribute to that. For example, your fav tunes comes on, you go all hyper, race to the packed dancefloor, and start jumping like a fox caught in a beartrap. Immediately you heart rate rises from the excitement and the physical motion, whilst your temperature rises when you surround yourself with loads of sweating punters. combine that with alcohol that you consumed and the food and water you havent consumed in the last 5 hours in that club, and you got the perfect recipe for hypotension, which will lead to a brief loss of consciousness. No biggie, have a sit for a few minutes, drink some water or orange juice, have a sugar cube, and keep raving.
    But to go back to the deceased guy's issue. he mentioned that the bass was affecting him. i doubt that is actually true, in the meaning that he could have been more aware of the bass due to the adrenaline pumping through his body, something that naturally happens when the body feels threaten, either from internal failing or external threats.

that is all. expect to see many "COOL STORY BRO" responses, and to that i say FUUUU, know your shit

8. Original Nuttah

Original Nuttah They Call My Dad Machete

Haha

Dillinja is deadly!!! :rinsed:

9. Hombre-J

Hombre-J Currently Ballsacked

Some bad shit, feel sorry for the guy's family + friends, but I'm gonna have to agree that there was clearly underlying conditions, and the media will most likely use this to shaft regular club goers.

10. dhalsim

dhalsim yoga fire

sound is a weapon boys.

Extreme bass frequencies can cause physical harm, rupture organs and kill. bad sounds. i doubt think you'll be hearing them at the next Hospitality

on the upside certain bass frequencies can trigger the female orgasm, so if you're getting a bit tired whilst doing the business, just wack up your sub woofer, twiddle with the bass and leave her to enjoy herself.

11. wo88le

wo88le A Mockery of a Travesty

isn't there a 'brown noise' frequency tht makes you shit yourself lol

12. NastyLimbCheat

NastyLimbCheat Active Member

nah thats bullshit

13. alz

alz compress to impress

i hope the lesson from this is that people should be screened at birth for congenital heart problems, not that clubs should have less bass.

14. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

hahaha pimp cant handle his alkopops aehaheaheaheaheaheehaehaehaehaehaehaehaehaehaeh

15. pitts

pitts Member

the guy who died was a m8 of mine, was best m8s with him when i was growin up untill he moved up to leeds when we wa bout 13. Still saw him every now and then and went out in2 leeds for his leaving do before he went to uni which was the weekend before he died and he was fine. His mum n dad dropped him off at uni for his first day n the pic of him thats in the papers was takin outside london uni 6 hours be4 he died. my mum n dad n his mum n dad r best friends n they are still in a proper state about it havent gone back to work yet n stuff. His litle brother alex is 16 and wanting to start going out n stuff but i feel proper sorry for him coz his mum n dad will never let him out of the house anymore coz of what happend to him. His mum n dad used 2 be a proper laugh but are now completely different. when it first came out about his death me n mi bro instantly thought he had tried something for the first time but he wasnt the sort of person who would do drugs hes tried weed before but didnt like it. He was a popular guy with loads of mates his funeral was rammed with people who cared for him. He will be missed

i agree with alz people should be checked at birth for this kind of thing

a rugby player in wakefield died sometime this year from a similar thing while he was playin rugby n got tackled who was only 20 i think

16. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

Killa Bass, what a waste.