Basic traktor controller

ConEP

Sup,

Looking for reccomendations on a basic controller for traktor, something portable as I have almost no space.

Just looking for something to browse and load tracks so I dont need to touch the laptop at all.

Cheers

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Something portable?
Well I've had a play with the newest Numark mixtrack, and for that price is it a beast. It feels sturdy, and all the basics are on there
I haven't had a hands on these, but the Native Instrument Traktor Kontrol S2/4 can't be bad too... Just look em up
A little less portable is the Numark NS6, it's more for serato, but traktor works just fine too
I have had the Numark 4Trak myself (but I'm not sure if they actually still manufacture it) and that was a sturdy beast, nice fx, everything I needed, but on the heavy side...

Just take a look on some online shop, and look for some midi controllers, you can't go wrong with Numark, Native Instruments, Vestax and Reloop (I never had a decent look at Vestax or Reloop controllers, but I've heard good stuff about them)

Sorry man perhaps you misunderstood or I didnt elaborate enough, I have two 1210s and use timecode and traktor I just want a midi controller for functions like loading to deck a or b and browsing tracks rather than reaching for my laptop.

Aaaah right, so just a very small controller?
I actually looked into the same, as I have a similar setup, and had the same problem (stilm have)...

For that you can actually use anything, and just set it up..
I've seen a Behrinher CDM range with can be used for that (I think the Behringer CDM DC-1 would be the best for that)
If even seen someone use a Akai LPD 8 drumpad (you can even use the knobs for fx)
But ofcourse the best choice would be the Traktor X1, it's like a full time midi controller squeezed into a small package. That's a bit pricey though..

Yeah something like the akai lpd seems good, anyone got any experience with these?

I've got a Korg Nanokontrol 2, perfect for that, easy to place in front of the mixer and has plenty of buttons to map.

Back
Top Bottom