Bars of these DnB tunes

Junglist_007

learning difficulties
VIP Junglist
Hi guys just wondering if someone can give the bars to theses tunes. So i know that im on right track counting them right.

1) Original Sin- Cheater Cheater
2) Original Sin- Don't be silly
3) Taxman-Scandarker
4) Taxman- Badboy Danger
5) Taxman- Robcop Remix
6) Generation Dub- Ra Remix
7) Low Down Deep- Majistrate Yeti Muncher (GDub Remix)
8) Clipz- Download

Is Cheater Cheater, Ra and Don't be silly 16 bars or am i on the wrong track?. Is Download 32 bars? I'm trying to put a little mix together and wanna get it tight. I am complete novice when it comes to mixing. Any help would be great thanks :)

Hi guys just wondering if someone can give the bars to theses tunes. So i know that im on right track counting them right.

3) Taxman-Scandarker
4) Taxman- Badboy Danger
5) Taxman- Robcop Remix
8) Clipz- Download

Is Cheater Cheater, Ra and Don't be silly 16 bars or am i on the wrong track?. Is Download 32 bars? I'm trying to put a little mix together and wanna get it tight. I am complete novice when it comes to mixing. Any help would be great thanks :)

WHAT!!???

mate... if a tune was 16 bars long there would be no point making it......

if your talking about intro..... then most tune are at least 32 bars (2 sequences) at least before the drop.

3) Taxman-Scandarker
4) Taxman- Badboy Danger
5) Taxman- Robcop Remix
8) Clipz- Download

Most of these tunes have two sequences before the drop, but scan darker has 3 sequences

WHAT!!???

mate... if a tune was 16 bars long there would be no point making it......

if your talking about intro..... then most tune are at least 32 bars (2 sequences) at least before the drop.

confused here aswell
sounds like he cud be on about intros

if so then yeah they are all 2 phrase intros except scan darker

confused here aswell
sounds like he cud be on about intros

if so then yeah they are all 2 phrase intros except scan darker

Although the preliminary drop in scan darker after 32 bars is the best one, its all about the WHOMWHOMWHOMWHOMWHOMWHOMWHOMWHOM :chainsaw:

Junglist_007 said:
Hiya me again need to pick your brain again with a few more questions. Hope that's ok.

1) Down beat and off beat mean?

2) Is it best to match up snares when mixing DnB?

3) Whats typical BPM on DnB?

4) If i hear double or triple Kick drum or Snare, do i count that as 1 beat?

5) What method do you use to CUE up your next record to bring it into mix?

6) How do i found the mixing point to bring in the next tune?

Thank you for your help i really do appreciate it, not many people willing to help others. Thank you so much.

ahhhh right.... ill just respond to the PM in here mate as it kinda relates to the post you've just done.....

ok....

1) Down Beat and Off Beat..... well... ive never really heard the term "down beat" being used other than to describe a more mellow type of tune...... and "Off Beat" describes where the snare is in a drum loop.... if you imagin yourself dancing to dnb..... the kick drum would be where you would usually step forward...... so i suppose this could be called a "down beat" and the snare would usually be where you step back...... this is the "off beat"....

2) Best to match up snares??.... no..... its best to match up every rhythmic sound in the loop.... like i discribed to you in a previous post...... your best bet is to start off matching up high hats as this is the one thing that ALL dnb tracks will have in common..... a regular on beat high hat.......

3) typical tempo is between 172bpm and 180bpm..... most dnb tracks are written around and about 174bpm.... most tunes when mixed are around the 178-180bpm mark...

4) A beat isnt every time there is a kick..... its a constant tap through the whole track irespective of what going on in the tune... there will always be a "beat"..... get yourself a program used for production and input the bpm "174" and then play the metronome..... every tick is a beat..... so.... this is why im sayin you should learn to mix with high hats as these sound very similar to a metronome and are usually on every "beat".

5) what method do i use..??.... i usually just hold the record mate..... haha.... would like to say i done something a bit more extravagant and have a huge CUE point holding contraption made of gold..... but unfotuantly its just me.... my bones.... and my flesh holding that baby in the poised position....

6) Finding the "mixing point".... well theres no singular mixing "point" in a track..... its just every 16 bars is the start of a new sequence therefore this is the ideal place to let go of your record and start mixing it...... just read what i wrote in a previous post to you about the whole beats, bars and sequences thing......

If theres still things needed to be answered then just holla back at me mate.....

Although the preliminary drop in scan darker after 32 bars is the best one, its all about the WHOMWHOMWHOMWHOMWHOMWHOMWHOMWHOM :chainsaw:

wot are u on about preliminary drop?

its got 2 phrases of drums, then jus 1 phrase of the screechy bit, 'nananananana' and then it drops

ur getting it seriously wrong if u think that last bit of the intro is a drop:whipem:

I think I can elaborate on Rocks' point 5, I think I know what you mean here...

Often, I'll hold the record still, then just before it's time to let it go and start the mix, each time there's the first beat of the bar I let it go round a bit then pull it back quickly, don't even take my hand off the record, just to get the "whump" of the kick drum my ear, then let it go when it's at the right point in the tune...

I don't do this every time of course, but sometimes doing stuff like that gets your brain more locked into the rythm of the track, just keep practising and you'll find something that works for you soon enough...

I think I can elaborate on Rocks' point 5, I think I know what you mean here...

Often, I'll hold the record still, then just before it's time to let it go and start the mix, each time there's the first beat of the bar I let it go round a bit then pull it back quickly, don't even take my hand off the record, just to get the "whump" of the kick drum my ear, then let it go when it's at the right point in the tune...

I don't do this every time of course, but sometimes doing stuff like that gets your brain more locked into the rythm of the track, just keep practising and you'll find something that works for you soon enough...

Cheers for reply, that's what im going to try do find method that works for me. Suppose everyone got there way doing it.

Thanks guys for all replys and answers much appreciated. All starting to make more sense now. Thank you :)

yeh man.... it will just click one day...... all of a sudden it will all just fall into place....

but like ive said before.... ive been doin this shiz for almost 10years and im still learning...... so if you think you sound shit.... or if peeps are telling you your shit...... dont worry..... your still learning...... just go home and practice..... more and more and more and more!!!

yeh man.... it will just click one day...... all of a sudden it will all just fall into place....

but like ive said before.... ive been doin this shiz for almost 10years and im still learning...... so if you think you sound shit.... or if peeps are telling you your shit...... dont worry..... your still learning...... just go home and practice..... more and more and more and more!!!

mixing is one if the hardest things i've ever learnt to do, theres no way u can pull it off first time round
it takes months of practice to be able to beatmatch w/o having to consciously process and work out which tune is faster/slower
learning where to drop tunes is simple enough, if u understand basic music structure that is

and then u've got EQing and key to worry about...

If you are goin by 64's:
1) Original Sin- Cheater Cheater 2
2) Original Sin- Don't be silly 2
3) Taxman-Scandarker 3 (I think)
4) Taxman- Badboy Danger 2
5) Taxman- Robcop Remix 2
6) Generation Dub- Ra Remix 2
7) Low Down Deep- Majistrate Yeti Muncher (GDub Remix) 2
8) Clipz- Download 2

Last edited:
mixing is one if the hardest things i've ever learnt to do, theres no way u can pull it off first time round
it takes months of practice to be able to beatmatch w/o having to consciously process and work out which tune is faster/slower
learning where to drop tunes is simple enough, if u understand basic music structure that is

and then u've got EQing and key to worry about...

that will come naturally after youve been mixing for a while really.... i never really consciously thought.... hmmm... ill now start using eq....... if you've got a producers mind frame about music then it will just seem the best thing todo...... and key..... you should really do that from the start...... if you cant naturally hear keys.... then it is quite hard to "learn" to hear them...... but it can be done.....

i've used the eq since i started mixin but that was jus turnin the bass up full :slayer:

and with keys i find its more trial and error but if u dont have that 'dj brain' it will take u months to go through mixing all ur tunes together, i find myself all the time saying in my head 'this tune will go really well with x', and not jus dnb

that will come naturally after youve been mixing for a while really.... i never really consciously thought.... hmmm... ill now start using eq....... if you've got a producers mind frame about music then it will just seem the best thing todo...... and key..... you should really do that from the start...... if you cant naturally hear keys.... then it is quite hard to "learn" to hear them...... but it can be done.....

yeah I know what you mean, I never used to EQ at all because mixing tracks right was they focus, eventually it just comes in doesn't it?

Think half my mix is done with EQ these days...

If you are goin by 64's:
1) Original Sin- Cheater Cheater 2
2) Original Sin- Don't be silly 2
3) Taxman-Scandarker 3 (I think)
4) Taxman- Badboy Danger 2
5) Taxman- Robcop Remix 2
6) Generation Dub- Ra Remix 2
7) Low Down Deep- Majistrate Yeti Muncher (GDub Remix) 2
8) Clipz- Download 2

Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom