Baron - The Way It Was / Red Head

Time Dependant

Jungle Hunter
VIP Junglist
Ezze all. I'm trying to find some audio clips on this track so far no luck. Has anyone got any links or heard this? Apparently it's the next release on Virus Recordings pretty interesting producer for Ed Rush & Optical to sign up me thinks. Thoughts?

sayber said:
Ezze all. I'm trying to find some audio clips on this track so far no luck. Has anyone got any links or heard this? Apparently it's the next release on Virus Recordings pretty interesting producer for Ed Rush & Optical to sign up me thinks. Thoughts?
The Way It Was | Red Head

Enjoy :)

V Matt said:
Virus used to release good music :cry:

I still haven't had a chance to listen to it but by judging the comments so far it doesn't seem like Virus have signed a good track. I thought it was a bit off a strange artist for them to go for first of all seeing as they normally keep to a small collaboration of artists e.g. Ed Rush & Optical (obviously), Matrix, Fierce, Ryme Tyme, Trace, Bad Company, etc.
I'm a massive fan of the Virus label & I've never been let down by a release but I've got a feeling this could be the one :(

Last edited:
well, indeed this was probably inevitable, with all the clounstep around, but i wouldnt believe that ed & op would ever make such a mistake to release smth this crap on their label. virus has always been something different, something special, not ever goin with the trend, but this is totally "au contraire"... trendish, clounstepish, shittish... tis a shame!

i would never fucking ever buy this and i really do suggest all the other people in the world to do the same! this is not the virus sound we have been hearing in the past (if everyone is blinded by the clounstep, then take out your wormhole lp and listen to it again), this is FUCKING FELCH!
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

c'mon virus surely this is taking the piss ??

I cannot believe this at all

also all i've noticed ed rush and optical release is bootlegs!! whats all that about aswell?

:shake:
:end_of_wo

definately a bad move by them.
the gridlok release will make up for it, believe!

ez

freeagent said:
Yeah, pretty strange IMHO. But if you listen to Ed Rush's latest sets like the one on banana, there's alot of that sound in there.

Completley agree Free Agent. I had a listen to the One Nation vs Accelerated Culture CD pack a month or two ago & he played alot of the 'Big Sound' as i call it. I never seem to understand why quality labels & artists who have become succesful because with there unique sound, suddenly get in line with the rest of the masses & don't want to stand out as been individual anymore. It spoils the variety we love in music & especially within this scence when so much more can be done with the art of D&B.

sayber said:
I never seem to understand why quality labels & artists who have become succesful because with there unique sound, suddenly get in line with the rest of the masses & don't want to stand out as been individual anymore. It spoils the variety we love in music & especially within this scence when so much more can be done with the art of D&B.

Seconded. Probably will never understand some people's decisions :confused: :teeth:

not even close to feeling these tunes

usually most of the "*********" stuff is at least pretty catchy

but this doesn't even do that

i'm very intrested in hearing the gridlok

Baron used to make really cool music. I liked his stuff on L-Plates and CIA. All really great 1992-ish carnival coloured 'ardkore. He even made a nice one on Commercial Suicide.... What a pitty he joined the Circus to dress up like a clown with Total Science.... :(

Super fuzz on the wobble inc ep is a heavy tune, and it double drops with anything!

:kermit: (uve gota love kermit, haha)

1992 said:
Baron used to make really cool music. I liked his stuff on L-Plates and CIA. All really great 1992-ish carnival coloured 'ardkore. He even made a nice one on Commercial Suicide.... What a pitty he joined the Circus to dress up like a clown with Total Science.... :(

Yer his tracks on L-Plates were tight, also some of his earlier stuff on Outbreak & a release on Advanced called 'See Me Burnin' was heavy to.

Not very virus sounding at all I have to agree there.
But maybe that's what they're into these days. People change after all, they got to put out stuff they like after all, that's the only judgement you can use when releasing. Not that I really like this tune but you get what I'm saying.

Make your statement by not buying it if you don't like it

sayber said:
Yer his tracks on L-Plates were tight, also some of his earlier stuff on Outbreak & a release on Advanced called 'See Me Burnin' was heavy to.

Ohh I forgot about his outbreak record! WOW that was a GOOD one!!!! The track on there that made me grin end to end was called "Searching" on Outbreak LTD05. What a nice tune, it reminds me of this great Nookie tune from 1993. Both tracks are very detroit techno influenced which is what gives them their great vibes. This was the only tune that Baron made in this style which is a shame.

See Me Burnin' was nice but a bit too dark and depressing for me. The track would have been better with a gentle euphoric breakdown in the middle IMOP.

Actually....

"The way it was" track would be really good if it was written as a techno track. Loose the two step beats and replace them with 909 BD drums and OH/CH hats. Why do the people in this scene need to be so thick headed and close minded?

The "WAY IT REALLY WAS" was that techno, house, and gabba was played in the same set as hardcore/jungle. That was one of the many factors that made the early 90s such a great time for dance music. Why can't this be done again? Why can't Baron make proper stompy jungle tekno? Why doesn't anyone do this? It seems like such a logical thing to do.

Why is everyone moaning about clownstep, its everywhere yeah, but it has its place.wot about the amen thats been in our lives since day dot....it has its place and its good party feel. i think some people think cant dance to it.

Back
Top Bottom