Banksy - Does the Simpsons Intro !!!!!!!

Joey AdhD

sweaty scouser
VIP Junglist
meh, i dont really understand it? it must be a dig at 20th century, but i cant see them using a unicord to pop the middle of CD's out...its good i jus dont understand why?

BeyondTherapy

VIP Junglist
meh, i dont really understand it? it must be a dig at 20th century, but i cant see them using a unicord to pop the middle of CD's out...its good i jus dont understand why?
The intro starts off normal, but then the town’s billboard, which was advertising Krusty the Clown’s funeral service, is seen with Banksy’s tag sprayed across it. There a few more differences, like when Bart is writing his punishment lines (I must not write all over the walls) on the blackboard at school, the camera zooms out enough to show that the same lines are written all over the classroom’s walls. It then continues showing the family taking their places on the livingroom sofa, but it’s the next series of scenes that are so controversial.

The storyboard starts with a minute-long sequence depicting a sweatshop, where workers are painting cartoon cells in a warehouse. Kittens are then shown being thrown into a wood chipper so their fur can be used to stuff Bart Simpson dolls. Then a panda is shown pulling a cart full of the dolls to another station, while the head of dolphin with its tongue sticking out is being used as tape to close boxes of merchandise. Then the sequence ends with a unicorn being used to punch holes in Simpsons DVDs.

Banksy was apparently inspired by news that the show outsources most of their animation to a South Korean company. He says that broadcast standards and threats from the animation department of a walkout delayed the storyboard’s release. Al Jean, the executive producer, says that this is what they get for outsourcing.