Banksy a city fan??

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by dose.bs1, Aug 12, 2009.

1. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

2. duffer

duffer Under Mi SensI...........

3. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Reckon it could be real, is clean enough and close enough to his style.

& it's not easy to get a stencil that big, that clean spesh with the multi-layers, so if not Banksy, it's someone who knows what they're doing.

4. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

i dont think its Banksy. but i could be wrong. also its not 1 big stencil but usually in pieces. have you ever peeped shepard faireys work? (OBEY) he does like full wall stencils in layers its sick. def way more texture and content than banksy

5. D BREAKNECK

OBEY rules!

6. chanty

chanty Active Member

Even if it's not banksy it's still a nice piece. Cum on u reds!

7. Sammy_Dodger

Sammy_Dodger Mr Ed

Nah its not a banksy....

he wouldn't have bothered with white on cream....would have just left it cream...plus the religion stencil is very weak and not his style...

8. *SweetPea*

*SweetPea* LADY VINYL

Apparently he supports either Bristol City or Bristol Rovers, and that's why there's the blue paint on the Banksy up Park Street. He said something in some interview that was bad about either City or Rovers and the fans of the team he dissed chucked blue paint that piece. Fucking twats whoever did it tho.

That's what I heard anyway.

Anyone been to the exhibition yet? Haha, I'm a bloody slacker, living in Brizz, and haven't checked it out yet. Might go tomorrow or Friday.

9. OneFootSkankah

OneFootSkankah Member

Speaking of banksy his work all over london is being destroyed by a graff artist who goes by the name 10 foot check this pics ....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. stfc_lad

stfc_lad Member

he from bristol isnt he?? so probs is a fan
    fucking scum :ban:

11. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

bristol rovers got cardiff away in the cup.

got to be some knuckle involved in that.

12. Fes Rock

sure he would, lay a base coat over other graff that was there or in this case and advertisement. he always primes his walls. And i wouldnt say it isnt him. looks like his work to me, and ive seen LOADS of banksy, always something that screams propaganda or the media.

see thats what ive always thought, and i know some can agree. Banksy is not one person, its an army of people! And then there is the people they can just hire just to be a part of the hype machine. I mean, if brangelina and madona and all the pop culture celebs are eating it up at half a mil for a banksy stencil. then theres always gonna be new banksy in the media. you cant go 6 months without a new banksy article in the news paper
    :hype:

bebe you HAVE TO GO. i know people that have flown over to see it. its a once in a lifetime experience. and his work always makes you think. so have a smoke before you enta and take it all in

oh and take some pics for me if you can!!!

ahh thats how graffiti is. its the culture. there will always be beef. I could probably guess that 10 foot got his shit piece covered up by a stencil and decided to wreck some real art. but in the end. toys will always be jealous of skills and originality

13. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

I went up to look the other day on my day off but there was about a 3 hour wait! So I thought no! I do wanna go up before it finishes though, would be a shame to miss it

14. Sammy_Dodger

Sammy_Dodger Mr Ed

Nah...banksy is one guy homes....

15. D BREAKNECK

Yeah. But what Fes is saying he's got a team of people around him / working for him, art agents and marketing people raising his profile, people helping organise the gallery shows, etc.

16. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

17. Fes Rock

how do you know? im certain theres more than one banksy. its a fact! saying that - when he first started out, there was only one dude grinding. now i'd say there is a dozen banksy out there.

yea but beyond all that its not just one dude. its several. like i said im certain of it!

in the end tho, i lost a desire for his work when he went all mainstream. tbh, ive even heard rumors a GIANT marketing company bought the rights to the name from him for over 1 million.

so yea, not only is he owned and operated by a large marketing/media company, but hes got you all fooled

18. duffer

duffer Under Mi SensI...........

I get what your saying, but how do you know this?

Isn't this all rumour?

19. D BREAKNECK

Yeah, but a book publishing deal to puslish his book could be worth $1m easily, his books sell quantities in the bookshops and galleries and not just UK.

But, I do believe it's one fella (just everytime he goes out painting it's 'worldwide news'). Not dissing cos he's been all round the world and inspired scenes. But yeah, less interested in his work for some time.

I ain't fooled, he's a sick marketeer.