300g or so Purple cabbage, sliced thinly
1 large red onion, sliced thinly
1 clove garlic
juice of ½ lime
1 tsp brown sugar
½ Tbsp Worcester sauce
salt to taste

4 best pork bangers

- Start with the Kraut. Heat some olive oil in a large pan and gently saute the onions, garlic and cabbage, stirring often, until soft. Add the lime juice, sugar and Worcester sauce and continue cooking over a medium heat until caramelised, about 15 – 20 minutes.

- In the meantime, boil the potatoes in a large pot of water until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.

- While the potatoes are boiling, heat up a thick based frying pan and fry the sausages until cooked through, turning often. The time here will depend on the thickness of your sausage.

- Check the seasoning of the cabbage mix. It should be somewhat sweet/sour. Adjust with more lime/sugar/salt to taste.

- Mash the potatoes with the oil, milk and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.

- Heap a plate full of mash, top with bangers and cabbage.

safety

double safety
VIP Junglist
my recipe for bangers and mash...

grill those fuckin' sausages
mash those fuckin' potatoes
chuck some peas on the side of the plate
and wallop a load of gravy all over

next week.. toad in the hole*

Gr1pz

Aka - Align.
VIP Junglist
my recipe for bangers and mash...

grill those fuckin' sausages
mash those fuckin' potatoes
chuck some peas on the side of the plate
and wallop a load of gravy all over

next week.. toad in the hole*
Pretty sure thats exactly how my cookbook instructs me how to make it aswell.

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist
peas with gravy .. onion gravy if your bigtime ..

beans no gravy ..

if your really bigtime like me , youll buy them plate sized yorkie puds, then put everything inside it , mash, lincolnshire/cumberland sausages, peas, onion gravy .. jobs a gudden

dose.bs1

THE DADDY
VIP Junglist
peas with gravy .. onion gravy if your bigtime ..

beans no gravy ..

if your really bigtime like me , youll buy them plate sized yorkie puds, then put everything inside it , mash, lincolnshire/cumberland sausages, peas, onion gravy .. jobs a gudden
Badass!

moriaty

VIP Junglist
beans? gotta have some type of greens imo. greeen vegetables FTW
broccoli FTMFW :slayer:

trick for uber mash.
wash the potatoes and boil them with their peel. once the peel loosens, remove it, crumble it with your hands, and place in a pan. fry it with half the butter you plan on using in the mash, together with some spring onions. once the potatoes are done, mash them, mix the milk and butter, and the peel-onion mix. season with cracked pepper.
also, consider of boiling couple of carrots and mash them together. make for a nice variety of texture.
also also, dont chuck the starchy water after you boil the potatoes. put it through a sieve to remove any junk, and use it the gravy, along with the juice form the sausages. mmmmmmmmmmm
(y)

Last edited:

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist

your mash idea and gravy sounds well nice mate.. mayhave to see if i can taste a difference with that mash..

so good point, but seriously.. Broccoli ??? and bangers and mash ??

surely the bangers and mash shoudlnt get a sniff of said green tree?

carrots yea.. broccoli??,nah man.. keep your broc and ill raise you podington peas :wave:

moriaty

VIP Junglist
nah man, if you cut the broccoli high and chuck the stems, you got hundreds of little balls in your mash. and we all know how much you love balls.

(y):teeth: