Bandpass filter with a weird resonance?

Cat Gas

Aka Basis
VIP Junglist
I have a pad i'm bandpass filtering so it's soft at around 750hz, but no matter how long I put the resonance, it still sounds ridiculously resonant in some higher frequencies. But the main problem with this is that EQing it down in the higher frequencies where its peaking doesn't seem to help alot :confused:

its hard to say without hearing the pad but i would make surgical cuts right where the offending fequencies lay, using my ears carefully of course.

are you sure its not clashing with some other harmonic content, within the song?

take that pad one octave down or up. Repeat the bandpass
Still the problem there? The problem has gone down or up depending on the octave: Then the problem is from the pad.
If it stills in the same band, the problem is on the filter

try a diffrent filter, they all have diffrent ways of dealing with resonance

also bear in mind, there are some particuly resonant freqs in the spectrum that will ring out and blow your ear drums given half a chance, one is around 750-800 (for me it seems to be generally 775-777hz), and then again at ~1100-1250, and another 2khz-2.3khz, these freqz should get extra careful attention when dealing with sounds which have allot going on in those freq bands. (those numbers are guesses based on my experience, sweep around to find the actual numbers for your sounds)

Back
Top Bottom