BANANARENA AWARDS LIVE STREAM FROM 10PM TODAY

As a RAM fanboy I'm pretty much satisfied. Calyx & TeeBee absolutely owned this year, every DJ and his cat were playing their tunes, surely that does mean something. I would have seen it the other way round, Pure Gold for best tune, Elevate for the best video, but can't complain as I love Elevate. I actually think this one is beyond any drum & bass tune made this year (or even last few years), maybe Oblique would come the closest. As for the other categories, it's allright, apart from Fred V & Grafix taking the newcomer DJs (while they are no real newcomers to the scene) and best DNBTV set won by this b2b when Alix was clipping every time he stepped behind the decks and almost blew out my subwoofer, red lights ftw.

Pleased with the results, Break should have got best producer though.

Sent from Andy C's trucker hat using Tapatalk.

Kinda weird that Netsky didn't win anything, he clearly is the most popular artist... 380k fans on facebook, Calyx & TeeBee only have 27k and S.P.Y 22k for example. Also from a sales point of view I think "2" was the best selling album this year. You reckon it is a popular vote thing? Or there is a jury that picks from the nominees?
But I guess things like the best DJ award is safer in Andy Cs hands.

You mean how its all based around Ram.

Ram Records - Best label
Calyx & Teebee - Pure Gold
Calyx & Teebee - Elevate This Sound
Calyx & Teebee - Best producer
Andy C - Best dj

They had to give hospitality something tho

Kinda weird that Netsky didn't win anything, he clearly is the most popular artist... 380k fans on facebook, Calyx & TeeBee only have 27k and S.P.Y 22k for example. Also from a sales point of view I think "2" was the best selling album this year. You reckon it is a popular vote thing? Or there is a jury that picks from the nominees?

because the majority of the heads that pay attention to dnbarena (however shit they may be) actually have some level of taste

if UKFdnb did an award ceremony, you'd be sure as hell netsky b2b drumsound and bassline smith b2b other synth-pop wankery would win EVERYTHING

I dont think they were that bad at all... Agree with these

Best festival: outlook

Best Newcomer Producer: Mefjus

Best D&BTV Live Set: Alix Perez b2b Icicle 200

Best MC: MC DRS

Best Producer: Calyx & Teebee

I dont think they were that bad at all... Agree with these

Best festival: outlook

Best Newcomer Producer: Mefjus

Best D&BTV Live Set: Alix Perez b2b Icicle 200

Best MC: MC DRS

Best Producer: Calyx & Teebee

Yea my bad didnt realise they picked Outlook! haha.

Better than previous years performances, but the other side LP was the best album end of.

Did Netsky make any promo for this? I doubt it. Netsky is anyway bigger than the d&b scene. Most of the people following him won't care to vote for any d&b award...

Did Pendulol win any prices while they were successfull in the charts?
At least not in 2010 http://awards2011.breakbeat.co.uk/lastyearswinners/
and not in 2009 http://www.breakbeat.co.uk/news/18082009_drumbassarena_awards_2009_the_winners.aspx

and they had at least as much fans as netsky now...

Yea my bad didnt realise they picked Outlook! haha.

Better than previous years performances, but the other side LP was the best album end of.

I believe they don't take VA albums/compilations into this category. And I personally wouldn't do it, too. They should make seperate category for it, you don't give Best Album awards to multiple singers/bands in other genres.

i knows this is going to cause outrage but calyx and teebee's album didnt do it for me man. i find there sound a bit boring at the moment. think its tunes getting WELL overplayed

Did Netsky make any promo for this? I doubt it. Netsky is anyway bigger than the d&b scene. Most of the people following him won't care to vote for any d&b award...

Did Pendulol win any prices while they were successfull in the charts?
At least not in 2010 http://awards2011.breakbeat.co.uk/lastyearswinners/
and not in 2009 http://www.breakbeat.co.uk/news/18082009_drumbassarena_awards_2009_the_winners.aspx

and they had at least as much fans as netsky now...

They probably would of racked up a few around 2004/2005/2006 when they peaked in the dnb scene

Back
Top Bottom