Bad Company - The Nine (Jaydrop Remix)

Not gonna be one of those one's who dictates that the classics can't be remixed, but to take on The Nine is big task, don't actually mind this remix- would personally never play it, but reckon at the right night it'd go down a treat- reminds me of the sort of beats they were playing at Outlook Festival this year.

the idea behind this remix is good. its fuckin awesome actually.

but this idea needs to be in the head of.. Skeptical or Jubei .. not whoeva Jaydrop is.. no offence bro, but your not the master.

I'm not the biggest fan of the original anyway but all he seems to have done is make the kick louder and take out the snare for the first drop of this. It just sounds uninspired and by the numbers to me. Sure it'd slot right into a set of those halftime stepper tunes but yeah, not really doing it for me.

I like it, but it doesn't blow me away. The Nine wasn't that great of a tune tbh. It was pure vibes, but it's not exactly Mozart.

I want to find out who did that remix of Horns that Loxy has been playing. Now that is a fucking tune.

my views summarised well ^

This is in the boxing day mix from loxy. I like this, and would play it if released...but i agree its a little uninspired and could maybe have been done better by someone like skeptical/loxy or dbridge himself

meh
sounds pretty weak
i recon i could do better and also half the producers on here could to
just no one ever did cos you dont remix a classic:teeth:

I want to find out who did that remix of Horns that Loxy has been playing. Now that is a fucking tune.

^ Photek - Age of Empires (Loxy & Resound Remix)

- - - Updated - - -

As for this remix of The Nine, not into it really, not a massive fan of the original or anything, think it could have been done a bit better by someone like Skeptical, or Loxy & Resound, but in a way it's kind of nice that some random punter has just stepped up and done it, because imagine being asked to remix The Nine, you'd shit yourself and foul the ball IMO.

erm, all hes done is looped the breakdown for ages and put a kick over it...and sampled bits...sounds a little better when the drumstep beat comes in but still...leave it or hand it to an expert
i reckon either noisia / audio / phace / mefjus would do a good job of it

I actually can't think of anybody apart from the original BC crew who would go in on this tune and do it justice.

Nobody has been able to capture that energetic, futuristic, catchy sound as well since they split up.

Back
Top Bottom