Bad Company signed to Ram?

While I'm not as insulted by Fresh's comment as some seem to be, his comment — "...the mess that drum and bass has disintegrated into ... Regurgitated uninspiring neuro wank that might as well be made by a computer with a YouTube tutorial channel" — is pretty fuckin' stupid. It really just goes to show that the dude has only been scratching the surface of the genre as a whole, and clearly hasn't been investing any time into the scene, finding the many, many artists who are doing things different and are making entirely unique and/or just enjoyable music.

That's fair enough. I'm sure he doesn't have much time for finding new music and the fact he shut down his label and went off on such a huge pop music tangent probably means he doesn't get sent promos for the underground or leftfield stuff any more. But to then come along and try to claim back the scene that he neglected and make sweeping statements such as the above is pretty shortsighted.

I'm all for new BCUK, no matter which label it's on. If it's on Ram, then fuck, I might buy a Ram release for once. I don't see BCUK watering down their sound or their motives just because they're on a comparatively major label that's been on a shitstreak lately. I'm also all for castrating the "neuro wank" scene — it truly is mostly regurgitated and uninspiring — but it definitely doesn't represent drum & bass as a whole. Some of the most exciting music I've ever heard has come out in the last couple of years, and it wasn't from DJ Fresh.

Fresh mocking Neuro is comical when you consider his pop crusade. Im sure a few people would tell him how it is

What a tool.

Bad Company definitely have the ability to change the shape of drum & bass back to the more dancefloor stuff I know we all like but I've got a feeling they have been signed to Ram for more of a commercial reason. (The first release kind of proves that)

We probably won't get a Bad Company - June Miller collab anymore.
(Don't know which member by the way, but only Maldini and Vegas played at the event)
raw-e9cq

93f1809f-0629-42c9-9fd3-1af6c110f662
15aSxAi.png

Back
Top Bottom