BAD COMPANY RE-UNITED ! ! ! !

Going back to the thread title....

Maybe someone should get that nutter with long hair from Channel 4 to do a new show to follow up on the 'Bring back the A-Team/Xmas No. 1' franchise.....

'Bring back Bad Company'.....! Rock On! Good luck, fella...

TooEZ said:

Maybe someone should get that nutter with long hair from Channel 4 to do a new show to follow up on the 'Bring back the A-Team/Xmas No. 1' franchise.....

they would probably get the old bc and the new bc mixed up and raise the old rock band from the dead...

TooEZ said:

good idea mate but can we not get that long haired muppet to host. Man makes me want to beat the shit out of him with a bit of 4x2

$marty_B said:
good idea mate but can we not get that long haired muppet to host. Man makes me want to beat the shit out of him with a bit of 4x2

you mean russell brand? i find him quite attractive in a queer kinda way. :weirdo:

soundgirl said:
you mean russell brand? i find him quite attractive in a queer kinda way. :weirdo:

Nah not Russel Brand, the geezer with the westcountry accent and a undeniable amount of pure enthusiasm for anything he does.....fair play to him, can't knock that! P.S. Russel Brand is going out with Kate Moss - fair play to him as well! (y)

Nabbed my copy finally last week after too long waiting for it!

/me strokes his BC vinyl collection

Fave track (first BC track I ever heard): Ladies of Spain, and while we're on the subject of Bad Company, I did a BC mix a while back which is basically nearly entirely composed of tracks off the Book Of The Bad Pt. 2 LP with a few extras, mainly because I hated listening to the tracks without gaps and thought they'd fit well together (they do). Therefore, 45 minutes of baaaaaad classic BC if you're thusly inclined can be found at http://mixset.leeching.totallysucks.co.uk/xen/05_07_31-xen-bc_mix-vbr.mp3

You bastard. You had me going on that one.

Best BC tracks?

Nitrous
Torpedo
Snow Cat
Grunge 3 remix
Night Train

also, the BC remix of Ed Rush & Optical's Sardines is fucking immense. Defo in my top 10 DnB tracks ever.

Grunge 3 :dutty: how could I forget that? it's one of my favourite BC tracks, and the remix just takes it to another level of coolness :D

/me strokes his original pressing of that which he found amazingly on Juno not too long ago

I liked most of the shot down on safari album, hell I bought it on CD (yes, CD, not for Fresh's mix, that was bollocks) - but their older stuff is what made me fall in love with em :D

xen said:
I liked most of the shot down on safari album... ...but their older stuff is what made me fall in love with em :D

This guy fuckin knows it!

I got Shot Down on Safari off eBay for a tenner last week. 6/8 good tracks. The other two are OK. Classic DnB album, if you ask me.

imo it's the last properly decent material Dan Stein (Fresh) wrote before he finally crossed to the dark side of the force (totally jumpup dnb), he's done a few listenable tracks after that but the influence that D Bridge and the others had on him whilst he was in BC really made that crucial difference I feel - same as how Liam Howlett's music changed after he left the Prodigy fold and just produced music entirely on his own. He always produced all of the Prodigy's music, but the influence that Keith Flint, Maxim and Leeroy (plus the other live musicians) just gave his music that rave edge. But fair enough, he wanted to go breakbeat that badly whereas I feel with Fresh it's kinda one of those 'drifts' into jumpup, which is a shame because I always preferred his more techsteppy stuff ;)

xen said:
imo it's the last properly decent material Dan Stein (Fresh) wrote before he finally crossed to the dark side of the force (totally jumpup dnb), he's done a few listenable tracks after that but the influence that D Bridge and the others had on him whilst he was in BC really made that crucial difference I feel - same as how Liam Howlett's music changed after he left the Prodigy fold and just produced music entirely on his own. He always produced all of the Prodigy's music, but the influence that Keith Flint, Maxim and Leeroy (plus the other live musicians) just gave his music that rave edge. But fair enough, he wanted to go breakbeat that badly whereas I feel with Fresh it's kinda one of those 'drifts' into jumpup, which is a shame because I always preferred his more techsteppy stuff ;)

:word:

someone let me in on some info?
I know bad company consists of vegas/maldini i think they are called.
but why associate fresh and d-bridge with them?
something i dont know?

00000001 said:
someone let me in on some info?
I know bad company consists of vegas/maldini i think they are called.
but why associate fresh and d-bridge with them?
something i dont know?

ask this question on the Dogs On Acid Forum, they love people like you there.

i don't have an account there.
i don't really know dnb history either, it'd be cool if i could be filled in so i won't be so lost when things like this pop up =P

Bad Company was originally Fresh, Vegas, DBridge and Maldini, they were all producers working in duos or solo before (Future Forces and --- I forget).
Then they all hooked up to do The Nine, The Pulse, and some other classics in the late 90s/early 00s, check em out.
As far as I know Vegas and Maldini continued to use the BC name after DBridge and Fresh left a few years back, but many dnb heads refer to 'BC' as the work the four of them did, which was undoubtedly amazing.

And probably wont be happening again.

deadaelus, dont send people to DOA while we've got the chance of saving souls here.thanks.

mesh said:
Bad Company was originally Fresh, Vegas, DBridge and Maldini, they were all producers working in duos or solo before (Future Forces and --- I forget).
Then they all hooked up to do The Nine, The Pulse, and some other classics in the late 90s/early 00s, check em out.
As far as I know Vegas and Maldini continued to use the BC name after DBridge and Fresh left a few years back, but many dnb heads refer to 'BC' as the work the four of them did, which was undoubtedly amazing.

And probably wont be happening again.

deadaelus, dont send people to DOA while we've got the chance of saving souls here.thanks.

cool stuff, mesh. I like to be ignorant to the facts as little as possible, though i am HIGHLY into dnb i dont know much of it's history. only been into it the past 3 years or so.

Back
Top Bottom