Bad Company - Ice Station Zero

Intermission is good but most of the rest is what I would expect Fresh, Maldini and Vegas to sound like without dBridge around (terrible).

Intermission is good but most of the rest is what I would expect Fresh, Maldini and Vegas to sound like without dBridge around (terrible).
I wonder if Fresh even did alot. can't imagine him thinking 'ok, this is a good follow-up for our previous albums, all set'

This actually feels like it's been quite heavily influenced by Fresh. It's really weird where Fresh seems to stand on DNB right now. Occasionally he puts out an ok-ish DNB tune and then all this weird pop because he knows people will just eat it up essentially. That Nextlevelism is kind of good if you're more pop and has probably four DNB tunes on but the rest is just pop. It's not bad if you like the odd DNB tune here and there though and tracks like Hot right now and the feeling did want to make me explore everything drum & bass has to offer. Kill The Noise on this album is a really, really strange choice to feature though. He's made four DNB tunes in total which are technically DNB but his sound is really infused into them. Say what you will of his style but it's still kind of interesting to see this happening. I like the heavy electro feel to the tracks

Kill The Noise on this album is a really, really strange choice to feature though. He's made four DNB tunes in total which are technically DNB but his sound is really infused into them. Say what you will of his style but it's still kind of interesting to see this happening. I like the heavy electro feel to the tracks

Ewun made drum & bass primarily for many years before branching out into that alias.

Ewun made drum & bass primarily for many years before branching out into that alias.
I am aware of that. I just mean he's gone down a different route with the KTN DNB, making the sound more electro-influenced. It's similar to the route Spor went down with Feed Me tbh.

and this. Disgusting!

P.S. THIS ALBUM IS THE BIGGEST PILE OF WANKSTAINED SOCKS THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN!
You forget Nextlevelism and Sigma's life That has some ok-ish introductory tracks to drum & bass but the rest is just pop. Chase & Status get the right balance to be fair. First album was amazing, second was good in it's own right but VERY commercial, third was just weird hip-hop with American rappers and just odd generally, Tribes really got it right though. There were some more hip-hop garage and pop tracks on there but they got some great DNB in there too. It surprises me the direction these groups go down

You forget Nextlevelism and Sigma's life That has some ok-ish introductory tracks to drum & bass but the rest is just pop. Chase & Status get the right balance to be fair. First album was amazing, second was good in it's own right but VERY commercial, third was just weird hip-hop with American rappers and just odd generally, Tribes really got it right though. There were some more hip-hop garage and pop tracks on there but they got some great DNB in there too. It surprises me the direction these groups go down

It doesn't with me. They want to make lots of money so they go mainstream. You can't make lots of money in the DnB industry!

It doesn't with me. They want to make lots of money so they go mainstream. You can't make lots of money in the DnB industry!

Well you're partly right but even though DNB isn't really a mainstream genre it it is good to see it going in different directions I think, Chase & Status, Fresh, Sigma, Sub Focus, Pendulum, Wilkinson etc. All kind of prove it can make money. It just annoys me when all they make is pop standard stuff and totally abandon their DNB roots

I wonder if Fresh even did alot. can't imagine him thinking 'ok, this is a good follow-up for our previous albums, all set'
To be honest I can't imagine any of them thinking that.
Fresh used to be such a sick producer, even his pop stuff is fine in my opinion.
Dbridge is such a great producer as well.
Maldini solo is cool. His Ghost Town EP was great.
Hard to tell about Vegas, never heard a tune on his own, still Bad Taste has a decent back catalogue, so he's got a taste.
All of them proved that they can make a sick music together in a any combination.
I just don't get it....
They can do so much better than this.

The Rucks tune is terrible. I listened to it dozen of times in a row today. It sounds so poor and awkward.
I like Spyda very much, he sounds fine. The whole jump upish idea behind doesn't bother me neither.
Still tune is so bad it is unbelievable :)

Last edited:
The artwork is cool as fuck

bb1dbb22-c26e-4093-9e41-4dd95567c298.jpg

Shame about the album though, Its nothing really special. When they have the reputation they have I think it's fair to say we all expected more. I would of liked to hear some remixes of their classic anthems tbh or maybe some that sounded like one at least. Intermission and Ruckus are ok but Tetris got boring quick when it was released and Beast Mode is just terrible. I wanted to hear more rollers

Slightly off topic, I do want one of these, 16gb for a £10er or £15 tops. Anyone know how much they are ?

FB_IMG_1515152959880fbf.jpg

Lastly Ram are still the best label so behave.
(Minus the ghay shit)

Oh yeah, it's definitely an interesting blend of their styles. I don't know why people hate on this kind of DNB. If anything it's good to see people taking it in different directions and being expansive with it

Back
Top Bottom