Backpacking - South East Asia

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by dizzledee, Apr 7, 2015.

1. dizzledee

dizzledee equinox

Wassup hombrinos.

As of the beginning of October this year I will be jetting off to SEA with 8K (before flights, insurance, sick-ass walking shoes) tucked under my belt.

Has anyone around here got experience in such matters? As I'm sure you can understand I am full to the brim of questions and would appreciate any wisdom anyone can throw me... I hear lady boys are really hard to spot for instance.

I've been looking at starting in Thailand, as I'm going solo and want to start off somewhere with an established travelling route to ease myself in/ get really really messy. However October is the penultimate month of the rainy season, so I'm not sure whether it would make sense, anyone know more here?

Looks like a £600-700 monthly budget would work...

FEED ME INFO

x

2. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

Doesnt Tewky on here live in Thailand? He might be able to point you towards the shemales

3. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

4. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

so he's traveling, so i get it ... he just had to try ( and inform the world ) he's eating vegan , he's doing yoga , he's swimming with turtles, he's wearing head bands ... he's an egotistical fuckwit who can't just go travelling and enjoy it.. he's gotta go all hipster traveling and go vegan and tell everyone and ' do yoga ' and all the other cliche hipster faddy shit ... yes im jealous to be honest, i wanna go travelling and look that good in a vest ... still rekon its weird when people have to completely switch their style and beliefs and way they live their day to day shit just because they try something new.. but again i really am just jealous.. hes having a mint time and im sat at my pc eating beans on toast... what video camera is he using? its good eh?!!? can you ask him ... altho.. if i get one... i wont be going vegan and taking up yoga

5. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

What you going for? Lazing around the place a bit? What sort of stuff do you want to see?

I'll be honest 20 quid a day including your digs isnt that much really. What sorts of things you want to do? Jungles? Beaches? Bitches? Sights? Want to get hammered a lot?

Dont worry about ladyboys, its not that bad, all the girls will point out which ones are or not anyways if you ask them. Dont get too cheeky with any ladyboys you see, they still punch like a dude!!

Few more details, and can point you in some real directions, there is a lot of different ways you can go out there, you will have a blast regardless!

6. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

Oh and rainy season is not that much of a pisser, not like its raining non stop, an hour or 2 every day maybe the odd day of full on rain, depends where in the country you are as well, Samui/Phangan/Tao area, Oct-Jan is not blazing sun all day, and a bit of rain, but it is still 30+ degrees nigh on everyday, the rain is nice, helps it cool down a bit at night time. There might be a dodgy week or 2 in that period, but shouldnt be worse than that.

7. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Beware of Cunt Badgers, cunt badgers are known to remove an entire penis in one single insertion.

8. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

lol sick ass walking shoes

9. dizzledee

dizzledee equinox

Cheers dude... god that makes me want to Geddafukoudaheeeerrree big-time... dat Ocean!

Yeah.. I guess I'll have a few blow-out months to start with.. so plenty of hammered-jungle-beach-bitch-boogie for starters (fingers crossed on the bitchez).... but I will be wanting to try and whittle down to a sensible budget over-time to ensure I can stay out there as long as possible.

Wanting to see the SEA mainland, as it seems like a nice place to cut my teeth, but definitely wanting to get out to indo/malaysia/phillippines etc. and would love to finish up with a few months in Nepal trekking in the mountains; India as well if I could manage it.

I'm going to try and plan a vague route, but am assuming that since I'm travelling solo it might be best to leave most of it open to spontaneity. I have been told it's worth looking at which festivals are taking place at which times... so far I'm not exactly sure of exact destinations I want to visit.

However... maybe trying to plan and thoroughly research would be a better shout for making money go further? Obviously visas and injections are a factor? Although from what I've read so far those things can be sorted on the fly?

Also I'm going to be needing insurance.... a sensible way to carry money (these travelcard majobs, seem like a good shout) and all dat gear yo.

Where have you been yourself?

10. dizzledee

dizzledee equinox

[​IMG] GET2KNO!?!?!

11. EuroTide

EuroTide Well-Known Member

did Malaysia in November / December. absolutely recommend it, great to travel. the missus did thailand and vietnam afterwards as well.
    your monthly budget seems fine. wouldnt do to much planing anyways and go with the flow / weather. kuala lumpur seems to be a great hub and is pretty much
    a gateway anywhere in the region

dizzledee likes this.
  12. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

:lol:

Just find out fucks sake, maybe you´re in for a bit of weiner that particular minute :teeth:

13. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Ladyboys cobra whiskey

14. dizzledee

dizzledee equinox

Yeah feeling the planning should be kept to a minimum... will just keep in mind a few key places I wanna see in countries.

@muzzadj - Awww man, just finished watching all your mates vids... need moaaarr, make me feel like I'm out there already!

15. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

You should make vids and post them here.

16. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

in Thai culture it is customary when you sit at the bar to leave your willy out.

dizzledee likes this.
  17. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

ivan is right btw, you should totally post your videos here, sort of a vlog project, but we'll sticky the thread and you could do two a week or something. its an idea, just keep it in mind, mull it over.

18. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

where's indi... he was backpacker lady boy rustler if i remember rightly, he was seeing one for a short while and him and his mates were convinced s/he was a tidy bit of skirt.. turns out.... hung like a fockin mule i tells ya.

19. dizzledee

dizzledee equinox

Genuinely might... watching that vblog dude gave me ideas..

I have wild visions of rocking up to a families kitchen in the vietnamese mountains and filming some kind of budget cooking show... let's see how that pans out..

Catsel likes this.
  20. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

Just fuck the ladyboys, they are more attractive than the real women there and they don't say no to a bit of bum fun.