background noise in logic pro 9.. PLEASE HELP! i'm going mad :(

Nutek

movement junglist
VIP Junglist
does anyone have any idea why there is constant background noise in logic pro 9? is it because it's a dodgy copy? or is it because i'm using a standard sound card? if i mute the master channel all the noise dissapears..

it sounds like quiet white noise, if i filter the master track it affects the noise, i'm starting to think it might be a synth or sample or something :/ yeah, just the headphone jack, mac mini

is it a pirate copy?
i no this aint looked kindly upon here but i had had a copy of cubase an there was an annoying buzz noise an i think it was just a shit version as i used a proper version after an it was fine
but i have no idea with logic so good luck mate!

yeah it is :/ i do plan to buy the proper copy when i get the funds, found some guy on ebay who will sell me a copy for £184

yea fairplay im not against pirate copys of music programs as long as u plan to buy em later.
but that mite be causing the problem ur havin if evrything else works fine other programs etc

yeah it is :/ i do plan to buy the proper copy when i get the funds, found some guy on ebay who will sell me a copy for £184

if you find a student who is on an apple course then you can get it cheaper. I got Logic Pro 9 for £120 :)

So do you always get this noise? Are you using monitors? are they too near the screen and causing a hum? Sure you havnt got a side chain set up and its leaking noise into another channel strip?

Run thru your whole project and switch everything off (instruments/channes/fx/etc), then switch them all on again one at a time till the noise pops up

also worth checking your inputs, esp if you are using onboard sound, disable the line/mic inputs if you dont use them (or at very least set their input level to -infinity ), they could well be giving you noise probs (if you do use them, get yourself an Audiophile 24/96 or similar cheap pro card, onboard sound is not usually well shielded against noise from pc componants)

if you find a student who is on an apple course then you can get it cheaper. I got Logic Pro 9 for £120 :)

So do you always get this noise? Are you using monitors? are they too near the screen and causing a hum? Sure you havnt got a side chain set up and its leaking noise into another channel strip?

That will be an academic copy mate, when a new version of logic comes out you will have to pay full price for it!

Run thru your whole project and switch everything off (instruments/channes/fx/etc), then switch them all on again one at a time till the noise pops up

also worth checking your inputs, esp if you are using onboard sound, disable the line/mic inputs if you dont use them (or at very least set their input level to -infinity ), they could well be giving you noise probs (if you do use them, get yourself an Audiophile 24/96 or similar cheap pro card, onboard sound is not usually well shielded against noise from pc componants)

I found out the noise was V-Station's FX!

Back
Top Bottom