Back up back up back up.

justin_credible

Lurker
VIP Junglist
Im sure i dont have to tell all you people about the importance of backing up your shit. I know myself how important it is, i just never seemed to have the time to actually do it.
Now that some geek fuckwits virus has totalled my lappy im begining to wish i had made the time. Ive lost everything, including all the tunes im made over the last 5 years.

So my advice to you is back up your computer...........NOW!

you sure its all gone?

How did you lose it all? the virus deleted it?

You can get programs which will look for recently deleted stuff and try and get it back for you..

http://www.recovermyfiles.com/
Something like that maybe...

As for back ups, its def well worth it. I have lost things in the past. I have a little 320GB portable hard drive now with a bit of software which automatically backs up anything new in my music folder every day.

you sure its all gone?

How did you lose it all? the virus deleted it?

You can get programs which will look for recently deleted stuff and try and get it back for you..

http://www.recovermyfiles.com/
Something like that maybe...

As for back ups, its def well worth it. I have lost things in the past. I have a little 320GB portable hard drive now with a bit of software which automatically backs up anything new in my music folder every day.

Dont pay for ANYTHING! Love gettin rid of virus's, recovering peoples files etc, do it for a living :)

there is a way im sure you can roll back the clock on the PC to a time before the virus installed itself? im sure some techy person could tell you how its done.

but yeah, so true you must back everything up!

Benga the Dubstep producer had a legendary crash just a he started to get big, lost thousands of tracks he's finished, plus all his samples ect! thats when he got a Mac and said good bye to PC's.

i feel for you bro, thats a harsh thing to happen, but dont give up hope just yet, im sure there are ways to extract the stuff on there

when i dl''d that massive thing it gave me bluescreen and it ssaid i needed to insert system disk.

I though i was gunna lose everything...but i pressed f14 or something and i fixed it

I had a Problem with my computer the other day too. I downloaded a Program to convert Avis to MPEG-2s and this program fucked up my pc. Everytime I booted my pc it was up for 5 seconds then BOOOM BSOD!! the wonderfull Blue Screen Of Death! :)
How I solved it? Easy

If you have Vista you can go back in time in your system: It changes everything back. Now I went to this application and set it to the time before i installed that converter. and there it goes, everything fine again.

So, do you know when you had that Virus from or what was the last program you installed before you had this Virus infection?

I have my Vista installed in german so I'll write it in german and try to translate it:
you go to "system steuerung" which is i believe simply "System" in english, then you click on "Sichern und Wiederherstellen" ("Secure and recreate"?), then you click on "Windows mittels Systemwiederherstellung reparieren" ( " Repair Windows with Systemrecreation" or something like it, in the top left corner ) then it loads, let it load, then eventually it will open this Systemrecreation window, there you click on "Weiter" (Ok or further what ever) then tick the box next to "Wiederherstellungspunkte anzeigen, die älter als 5 Tage sind" ("show recreationpoints older than 5 days" or something like it) and then choose the point where your computer was still alive ^^ Then let it load, it will recreate every System object which was there at the time.
If your only problem are the documents or files then you can try it anyway but it says that documents are neither changed nor deleted.

But I don't think its going to harm you, and its reversable

Hope I could help,
greets
Beeotch

i lost everything when i started making tracks about 5/6years ago due to a major IT malfunction - from then on I made sure I always back up to something else and I always partition any new HDD so that windows and programs are on one partition, samples and personal files on the other.

I feel for you.

Back
Top Bottom