back to uni ( ??? )

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by moriaty, May 2, 2005.

1. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

right,

i got my audition to enter Salford University's Pop Music & Recording course.
    http://www.salford.ac.uk/course-finder/course/342

the course looks mint, and from wot ive heard, is one of the best in the country for contemporary music.
    On wednesday, which happens to be my birthday, i shall be attending a music theory test and an audition.
    basicly i'll be asked to mix a few records infront of the exam panel, have a chat with them and justify why i want to become a music producer, and finally do a music theory exam...and thats what has me in fear.
    Its level 5 associate boards, and if you consider there are 8 levels altogether, 5 is pretty fuckin hard.
    Cant say ive been revising a lot, just a quick brush on scales and time & key signatures, and god willing, that should be enuff to get me a measly 40%. if i get that, is all upto the audition, whether i ll be accepted...and the question rises: if i go there without any cannabis in my system, i'll propably be shit nervous when mixing, but if i have a bun, i risk writing fuck all on the theory exam...
    what ya reckon ??
    mangs and mangettes, you got no idea how stressed i am, so anyone feeling like giving me any advice, and/or a pat in the back, please do so..thanxalot..

And for the student hatin crew, spare your comments, im feelin bad enuff without them.

(yn) (yn) (yn) (yn) (yn) (yn) (yn) (yn) (yn) (yn) (yn) (yn)

:sing: :dynamite: :rolleyes:

2. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Depends how stressed you are.

You could roll one, and leave it till after as a treat to look forwards to for getting thru it.

If you're really stressed, a little un could calm you down, and help you focus.

Just don't go mad and roll in red eyed and reekin! :shake:

Take it easy and good luck!

3. ZESTOI

ZESTOI time for heroes.

shit. was this today dude how did it go?

4. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

Winner!!
    i got 27% on the theroy exam, which while is nothin to shout about, note that i revised 5 grades of official exams, in three weeks...thats 27% of five years worth of classes compressed to three weeks..
    So after that i had to audition, , and fuck me, thats was weird..!! ive played infront of 100 people without breaking sweat, but playin with an audience of two, and with a great knowledge on mixing, ....boy, is that shit intense..!
    my 20' set didnt went exactly as planned, but the admission officers thought it was quite good, and the where happy to offer me a place for september, uncondtional !!
    and even i ll start on the foudation year, fuck it, thats another year of access to well expensive recording gear..<slayerofscki>:slayer:

really, it was the best birthday present i could have gotten,
    i really am over the moon, well excited , life isnt so shitty after all ! !
    :D :D :D :D :lighter: :rasta:
    now if i could only loose my virginity... :teeth:

5. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

thanks for support dude, there wasnt much from anyone else..:mad:

:teeth: cheers LaurOI !! :love: :wave:

actually, i didnt burn at all for the last few days, but i did eat a shedload of malteesers, and i was on a sugar rush !!

btw, my set was:

Highlanders - cynisism
    Decoder & Substance ft MC Jakes - Dialect
    Silent Witness - The Sands
    Chris Su - Need you Tonight
    Calyx - Deviation
    Skynet - Rope Trick

i think it was actually recorded, if i can get it, i ll put it up for you guys, if not i might as well record it again!!

tutor though it was a well cool tune selction, and even that i did wreck slightly on my first mix, it was cool to mark how i retrieved it..and the last jungle tune he had bought, was helicopter tune....haha !!
    :D

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  6. Cube

Cube www.exegene.com

7. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

oi! no one said im gonna live there...! :teeth: