InReach

This week is a big one here at the In-Reach camp with our highly anticipated back to the brewery event finally hitting this Friday! If you’ve not already copped your ticket then you better move quick because it’s set to be an outrageous night of big beats, breaks and bass lines, courtesy of Flexout audio in room one and the Beautifully Crafted crew bringing the jungle vibes in room 2.

beerlabel-BeautifullyCrafted-1100x582.jpg

One man who’s gonna have arch 2 absolutely rammed is the King of the jungle, the legendary Dextrous. This man is a true pioneer of the drum and bass and jungle scene and has been there since the very beginning. We were lucky enough to catch up with Dextrous this week and get the info on his vast and fascinating history, what he’s doing now and where he’s heading in the future. Here’s what he had to say.

Could you tell us a bit about how you first got involved in the dance music scene and how DJ Dextrous came to be? What was it that sparked your interest and made you want to begin DJ’ing and producing?

I’ve always had a really deep love affair with music from as long as I can remember. As a child, I can recall being totally immersed in playing music on my parents’ radiogram. My sister and I would mark our initials on all the 7” records we loved, mainly ska/rocksteady, soul and reggae. I still have many of these priceless gems in my record collection. In the late 70’s we would get record tokens as gifts for birthdays/Xmas, and during this time I was heavily into the 2-Tone sound due to my schooling in ska from my parents’ record collection. I was a mod at first and then became a rude boy, and my favourite band at the time was The Specials…

Read on here...

Ha loooks like Brooklyn Brewery. But it is not. You ever tried a different brewery? Like Southern Tier. Also. Good NY Brewery.

Back
Top Bottom