Back cueing DnB

Cryonic

Hi all, could do with a bit of advice, i've been djing for a fair few years now but have only recently started to mix DnB. Thing is back cueing, dont get me wrong i know how its done, been doing it for years, but i cant seem to get the hang of it with DnB. I know you count the snare but when played backwards i find it hard to make out. Some help would be well appriciated. Cheers.

Hi all, could do with a bit of advice, i've been djing for a fair few years now but have only recently started to mix DnB. Thing is back cueing, dont get me wrong i know how its done, been doing it for years, but i cant seem to get the hang of it with DnB. I know you count the snare but when played backwards i find it hard to make out. Some help would be well appriciated. Cheers.

ignore the snare bruv...you need to match the kicks!!

Yeah just cut across on the first kick in the bar your using.
1234 Cut234 Cut234 Cut234 etc.

Most of the time I just listen to both of the entire drum patterns.. not only the snares or kicks and when at some tracks the high hats are a bit irritating I just turn down the treble and gain it slowly while bringin' it in, like every bar a bit higher if you know what I mean.. I hope that was usefull

well most times i use the kick as a reference but other times you have to use the entire drum pattern like Kibbon eloquently put it, just practice bruv you'll get it . you already know the gig so just let dnb grow on you and it will come

Thanks for the advice all i'll keep trying :) Just bought the raiden-Utopia ep today, collosal dark trancy DnB if you dont have it it comes highly recomended, probs the best record i've ever bought!!

Back
Top Bottom