B_51 - Abyss

Salvus

VIP Junglist
Hi guys,

Ages since I've finished a tune. Finally got this one sorted.

Just out of interest, do you guys get to a point where you dislike a tune because you have listened to it SO many times during production? Because I deffo feel that is the case with this one for me.
Its got to a point where fresh ears are needed.

Any comments / advice would be much appreciated.

Nice one.

it is a little odd that the pad completely falls silent at 0.41 imo... and then again a few times.. maybe a small echo or delay would resolve it, just to keep it flowing, youknow..
solid tune nevertheless, good variation throughout the track I love that.

Might wanna boost the second drop a bit, to make it stand out some more, unless you wan't the same vibe through the track like it is now the case. (I'm not saying this isn't nice)
Anyway there would be some more dynamics going on if you'd build a bit to the 2nd drop and up the snare and synth a bit. Maybe another snare sample layered and a bit more fuzz in the synth, I don't know, do what you think is best ;)

Fine production,
Greets Q

Cheers for the detail on the comment man. Much appreciated!
I'm gonna leave it for a while and then go back in on it at some point in the next few weeks probs.

Time to start something new!

hi,

There are few strange moments in the intro mate. 0:22 one of the sounds is disappearing suddenly and it sounds weird. Next one 1:02 - 1:09 when on 1:02 pad is disappearing and close to 1:09 end of the sample appear suddenly. For defo you have something wrong going there mate. Look into it. Second thing is the proportion, intro goes to 1:29 then you have main part which is going for 40 seconds ? and the pads again ? you should drop that part and pull main part longer, give some variations and stuff. Then again 40 seconds of main part and transition into pads which going for another long time. There is to many breaks/pad only sections. I thisnk you should re-think the structure. The bass sounds are nice, but could use some variation as for now it looks only copy/paste kind of thing. Drums could use some EQing.

Conclusion, the track has potential but it still need lots of work to be done and structure rebuild.

hope you take the criticism the good way.

cheers,

this is pretty sick man like that bass alot and the glitchy bits a heavy
not really much else i can say all seems to sound good
maybe mix need a bit of tweaking dunno where tho.lol
overall heavy tune man good work

Not bad i agree with post above about intro that pads sounds strange i dunno did you made that intentionally or not you should fix that,bassline is juicy,but your break is not long enough when it start it doesn't take long to stop and then listener have feeling that whole track i chopped up there is no flow,apart from structure it is pretty cool track!!

Back
Top Bottom