B2B with 2 usb connections using Serato SL4.

Forau

VIP Junglist
Alright,

Ive had Sl4 for ages now and one thing i havent really looked into in any depth is the dual usb ports which apparently allow "Seamless changeover and b2b performances", seamless doesnt quite seem like the word lol, been having some trouble.

Seems a lot of messing is required to do it.

Is there any way to just have serato open on one laptop, then you kind of "give" one of the decks to your partner, then give the other when when your second tune has been taken out by them?

Only way ive found how to do it (through trial and error) requires a lot of messing about and frequently results in tunes cutting out or channels being changed and stuff. All very confusing and when you mix lean 90% of the time it results in even more confusion.

Basically i want to go b2b with a pal with 2 laptops being used and have a reliable way of us changing over.

Is this a USB controller? Best way for two controllers on two computers is to use a 2 channel external mixer IMO. Pretty fun if you're both constantly cuing up tunes.

Is this a USB controller? Best way for two controllers on two computers is to use a 2 channel external mixer IMO. Pretty fun if you're both constantly cuing up tunes.

Nah mate.

Serato SL4
xone 92
2x cdj2000's
2x 1210mk2's.

1210's plugged into channels 1 and 2, cdj's on channels 3 and 4.

serato SL4 plugged into my ultrabook, controlling the 2x 1210's, then other usb cable from sl4 going to my mates macbook, controlling the timecode cd's in the 2000's.

oh that sounds long!

I can't be of any help really, I'd just use a usb stick.

Yeah thats what ive been doing, but i realised im severely under-utilising sl4 if i dont use the 2x usb ports.

Such a good idea, i just feel like im doing something wrong as "seamless" shouldnt be this hard...

Back
Top Bottom