Axwell - I've found you (High Contrast Remix)

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Dj Jammin, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Dj Jammin

Dj Jammin Member

Can't remember if already posted this but what do you reckon of this tune?

I Love it to bits except the intro can't mix with it.

Smashes the original all over the place so much energy you can't not dance to it.

2. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Fuckin tune mate, I love the original but this is better just cause it's dnb. High contrast has got a good record for remixin tracks like his papa nu guiny remix kicks the ass of the original.

3. Dj Jammin

Dj Jammin Member

Yeah all the way... He has a knack for making remixes that kane the original. I remember i heard the axwell remix at hospitality and everyone thought he'd dropped a house tune and was like Wtf?? Then the drop came and everyone hit the roof. He played the we are your friends remix by justice which was also rude.

4. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

yeah its a big tune...love the original and love this one too.. although a work mate did point out its basically just a sped up version..still, i love it anyway.

5. alz

alz compress to impress

i think its really weak, especially considering how banging the original one was, i think high contrast shoulda left it alone and maybe steppa or someone done a dnb remix that coulda done it justice, i just think that tune could be so much better if it had been brought in to a jump up domain, since its so tumpin i reckon it woulda been easy to convert, i wish i knew how to produce cos i know exactly what id do with it :<

6. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

Steppa?????

its got a proper liquid vibe going on with that vocal.. I reckon HC did ok he kept a lot of the original tune which i wouldnt see an jump up producer doing..they tend to use the tune only on the intro and then make some completetly different tune for the main body.

7. thomfletcher

thomfletcher Member

I think High Contrast is one of the best remixers in drum & bass. If he had tried to change it to much he would have ruined it but by keeping it simple he captured the catchyness of the original. I reckon its a top notch remix personally.

8. Dj Jammin

Dj Jammin Member

Spot on mate!

9. Barnzee

Barnzee OmniaInNumerisSitaSunt

yeh, high contrast makes some sick remixes... I heard this on the radio1 essential mix a little while back, i thought it was the original till it dropped and then i was like 'ugh'. Love his remix of imogen heaps 'headlock' as well. Banging.

10. alz

alz compress to impress

actually let me try and explain my madness just a lil, as soon as that tune came out, i envisiged a sick dnb remix, all jumpy, maybe a lil housey like sub focus, but yeh, maybe chase n status could do what i had imagined more justice.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  11. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

i prefer the original track its a classic high contrast didnt do it justice in my opinion!

12. cdf1

cdf1 Member

nah man high contrast rinsed that tune, bad man