Axis4 or Axis9

DJNitrousUK

VIP Junglist
Alright, I was pretty much decided on buying the Axis4 CD deck by Numark yeah. But now I have the oppurtunity to buy the Axis9 (also by Numark). Is the Axis9 that much better than the Axis4? Or is it not worth the extra roughly 70quid? I have around £180 to spend and saw the Axis9 for £188.

Cheers, take care all x

ScottyEightSix

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
Either or mate but if yo have the option for 9 as it is obviously better but more expensive.

Also ignore Spiderfran :teeth: sorry mate but I have used the axis 9 alot an they are by far the cdj's for around that price range

DJHaze

i had this decision to make 2 weeks ago, i ended u getting 2 axis 4';s the only thing i wish i had was the scratch function that the axis nine has as its quite hard to search through traccks on the axis 4, itys a bit jumpy, if im honest im gonna seell em and uy pioneers in jan anyway.

DJNitrousUK

VIP Junglist
Forget the thread title, what's a good cheap CD deck, coz I heard the lasers on AXIS4s go pretty quick :/

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
You've been told wrong, my lasers are fine after 6 years (on the Axis 8 and 9). Best deck in its price range and better than many more expensive ones.

DJNitrousUK

VIP Junglist
I'm definitely getting the Axis9 as long as the price doesn't change in between now and Wednesday.

Matt_47

VIP Junglist
Have a look at the numark ARC3 as well, it's similar to the axis 4 but mp3 compat, and the jog wheel feels a bit nicer imo

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
I'd get the Arc3 if you want mp3s, its Numark as well. But the Axis 9 has effects instead... They're probably identical internally apart from some electronics.

DJNitrousUK

VIP Junglist
I think everyone should give Dustek a round of applause because he has helped me so much in this thread and other threads I have made about the subject, so a massive thanks to you mate!

Also cheers everyone else!