AWOL thread (where did they go?)

Zen dabbles with house but has been focussing on his graphic design career. We keep meaning to link up and do some drums again but time conspires against us. He’s still very into his music and has recently upgraded his studio. His insta is Zenoko.

Nicol works in IT and is doing very well last I heard. I believe he works in the same company as Pleasure, but I could be mistaken. Pleasure was in the studio with Heist recently as well I believe.

Malachai still does stuff as Cabin Fever, just not as often, and still runs the Natty Dub label.

Vicious Circle, Erkiu, Joe Syntax & Shimah are all great shouts.

Really liked this Joe Syntax one and will have to dig it out for a spin again

Also can you link Shimah's new tune? Would like to give that a listen. Liked his older jump upy stuff along with his floaty bits like Shadow Of The Bat / Cave (?)

Yeah I saw he's still playing out + I think he's part of that 4625 project as well as I can hear his influences in some of the tunes

Slingshot was also the one that made me notice Joe; was definitely talented.

Shimah released the Gaian Mind EP back in August apparently, under the radar, on Liquid Lab - sister label of Co-Lab:

Can’t find a link to the whole EP, but this is the title track:

The other tunes are also up on his SC page

Last edited:
Anyone know what happened to Trust?

Put out a few bangers years ago, but I haven't heard anything since. Saigon is still in my record box.

Slingshot was also the one that made me notice Joe; was definitely talented.

Shimah released the Gaian Mind EP back in August apparently, under the radar, on Liquid Lab - sister label of Co-Lab:

Can’t find a link to the whole EP, but this is the title track:

The other tunes are also up on his SC page

Liking that. Heard that Voltage has been supporting Shimah's new bits of that EP recently too.

Sam KDC has also been quiet on the D&B front for a few years.

Been making Techno apparently

Mainly yes, that and the "grey area" sound that ASC, him and Presha were pushing between 85bmp and techno.

He has this out on Samurai last year

Dub Motion?

made a few quality dark upfront tunes, then think I read he signed to playaz. but then disappeared?

I liked his older jump up / upfront tunes over the stuff he's making now, but a lot of older jump up producers seem to have tailored their brand to be more dancefloor / rolly over the years.

Dub Motion had a tune out last year on Shogun Audio and a couple more digital releases...

And one this year on Program 100, but he does seem to have been quiet recently

ah. good to know he's still around I guess. liking that 100 bullets tune, but yeah I prefer the earlier stuff.

I've been listening to The Sect & SPL quite a bit again lately.

Been digging out some old records on Freak Recordings etc.

Anyone who if they're still releasing?

SPL does know how to process an amen rather well

whatever happened to getz. his super clean "anywhere here" lp, together with nuage, was one of the things that got me into minimal dnb in 2011. last released tune was "conversion dream" on dubkraft, together with marginal, in 2014.

absolutely love this one:

whatever happened to getz. his super clean "anywhere here" lp, together with nuage, was one of the things that got me into minimal dnb in 2011. last released tune was "conversion dream" on dubkraft, together with marginal, in 2014.

absolutely love this one:

Remember seeing that GHOST name about on some tunes.

And yes on that Getz front. Need to dig this out again. Still kills it

Hope @DJESCAPE can chip in at some point on what's been posted so far. Plus wanted to get this thread going again.

That whole Second City Records lot went on to do other things. Picto became Dr P. But what happened to Dub Alley, Heavy Hittahz, High grade and Breakneck?

Found out the other day that Dj Alpha had been inside for rape and beating his wife! And apparently Hizzleguy is just as bad
Screenshot_20200201_170053.jpg

pretty sure dub alley is/was high roller. came back more recently with a few new jump up tunes and a couple of liquid tunes as well

far as I'm aware High grade was an alias of Jaydan...

Oh man that is one producer I would love to be making music again

May showers needs to be released

He's actually played a few gigs lately. Headz 25 years in Manchester and an Intalex foundation gig.

Hopefully it might push him back into the studio

Oh man that is one producer I would love to be making music again

May showers needs to be released

He's actually played a few gigs lately. Headz 25 years in Manchester and an Intalex foundation gig.

Hopefully it might push him back into the studio
Just looked that tune up, quite lovely and a shame it never got released. Maybe it was going to be on that Soul:ution compilation that was supposed to be in the works when Marcus passed. Either way, would like to see him back in the studio for sure

Back
Top Bottom