AWOL thread (where did they go?)

The Watcha

VIP Junglist
Life happens, but in a scene / community where so many people are trying to break through and "make it", doesn't it seem strange when producers at the top of their game or on the rise just disappear or jack it in? I mean, not just retiring after a good stretch. Some people like to retire at the top of their game, like Tarantino apparently only wants to make 10 films.

Let's see some of the artists and a tune of theirs, who are not producing or dj-ing anymore, and add some info if you know what they went on to do these days. And we all know what Zinc, Clipz and Mistabishi are up to! I'll start with a handful...

Baron - went on to produce video game soundtracks.

Crystal Clear - last I heard he was in the dubstep or grime game? Pretty sure I saw his name to do with something on a Kiss show

Started to worry about Cabbie for a while too, but he had something on G13 a little while back.

Pleasure - I believe is a family man now. Maybe @DJESCAPE could confirm? Or be an active assistance in this thread please

E.S. - I think Escape said he became a personal trainer? Had a few dubs like All Over The Place, Go and another that Hazard was battering before he disappeared. Used to rinse this and Robin

Mode - not sure, but would like to know what happened to him as he had an EP lined up for Cylon a while ago that never got released. I think @tyranny might know a bit about this

There's also some producers who were old sparing partners for producers who went on to make it on their own, and didn't really do much else after, like Nicol (of Majistrate fame), Recipe made tunes with Tyke, and Malachi made tunes with Voltage under the name Cabin Fever.

I think @Large Marge @Dagz and @Vydx could help shed some light on some others

I wanna know what happened to Corrupt Souls, Evol Intent & The Sect.

Are they still making music?
One half of Corrupt Souls has a moniker called Alvin Risk, made some DnB until a few years back but switched to Dubstep in the meantime.
Evol Intent? Seems like they still make music.
The Sect...one of the guys renamed himself to Section 63 and is also still active.

Anyone know what happened to Cern? Mikal? Clarity? Mortem? Nothing new that last 1-2 years.

I believe Clarity went off to University after his last lot of releases. Asked him if he had anything in the pipelines when I saw him play a few years ago and he said he had a few tunes bubbling but nothing finished. Thought he would have had a tune on Samurai's Decade part 1 or 2. Be a right shame if he didn't return after graduating!

Mortem was another to be on the list. The Touch was a beast, but he seems to have fallen off the face of the earth.

Mikal had a collab 12" out with Mako this year on Utopia but he had been quiet other than that. Not sure about Cern either after that last album of his on Dispatch. And was wondering about Corrupt Souls

What ever happened to AWOL events lol

I do miss moving fusion and zen.

Whatever happened to twisted's comeback or bad companys

There's also some producers who were old sparing partners for producers who went on to make it on their own, and didn't really do much else after, like Nicol (of Majistrate fame), Recipe made tunes with Tyke, and Malachi made tunes with Voltage under the name Cabin Fever.
yeah Nicol seemed to disappear. Recipe did those Tyke collabs then put out one solo track and disappeared. pretty sure I read an interview with Voltage where he said Malachai never really contributed much so Voltage just went solo instead.

Prestige who has been releasing stuff since about 2008 to now, did most of his early tunes with a guy called Nik Itch. he put out one solo tune then disappeared.

Nu Elementz used to be 2 guys, Beanz & Ovadose. Ovadose suddenly disappeared in about 2014, no idea why.

Life happens, but in a scene / community where so many people are trying to break through and "make it", doesn't it seem strange when producers at the top of their game or on the rise just disappear or jack it in? I mean, not just retiring after a good stretch. Some people like to retire at the top of their game, like Tarantino apparently only wants to make 10 films.

Let's see some of the artists and a tune of theirs, who are not producing or dj-ing anymore, and add some info if you know what they went on to do these days. And we all know what Zinc, Clipz and Mistabishi are up to! I'll start with a handful...

Baron - went on to produce video game soundtracks.

Crystal Clear - last I heard he was in the dubstep or grime game? Pretty sure I saw his name to do with something on a Kiss show

Started to worry about Cabbie for a while too, but he had something on G13 a little while back.

Pleasure - I believe is a family man now. Maybe @DJESCAPE could confirm? Or be an active assistance in this thread please

E.S. - I think Escape said he became a personal trainer? Had a few dubs like All Over The Place, Go and another that Hazard was battering before he disappeared. Used to rinse this and Robin

Mode - not sure, but would like to know what happened to him as he had an EP lined up for Cylon a while ago that never got released. I think @tyranny might know a bit about this

I think @Large Marge @Dagz and @Vydx could help shed some light on some others

Crystal Clear now makes techno as part of an act called Melody's Enemy: https://www.facebook.com/pg/MelodysEnemy/about/?ref=page_internal

Whatever happened to Zen he seemed to fall off the face of the earth?

Fresh called it a day on the music scene and is now a coder/programmer so Bad Company is dead.

Are you kidding me? That's mental. But maybe it was for the best, he was trying to create a mainstream pop dnb thing with the gold dust album and that's a no-no for me. But bad company did a comeback after that with a super savage tune, was that without fresh then maybe

Fresh called it a day on the music scene and is now a coder/programmer so Bad Company is dead.

I believe Fresh was in remission at one point, plus he had a tune out the other week with Doctrine that sounds like a Macky Gee, which was very disappointing.

I do miss moving fusion and zen.

Whatever happened to twisted's comeback

Twisted is very active again, still making tunes, running Grid and Zombie with EPs and releases out very frequently. He has a 10 tune colab project coming with Grooverider under the pseudonym The Unsociables at some point too

Also on his facespace page, Twisted Individual said he's made 10 tunes with Grooverider. They're going to make another 5 more, then pick the best 10 and release them as some sort of project under the name The Unsociables

Crystal Clear now makes techno as part of an act called Melody's Enemy: https://www.facebook.com/pg/MelodysEnemy/about/?ref=page_internal

Whatever happened to Zen he seemed to fall off the face of the earth?

That's a shame about Crystal Clear. He made some great tunes. Wonder who the other guy is in Melody's Enemy? As their blurb says that they honed their skills in drum and bass.

Zen is another on my list. He made some great tunes, but who knows where he went?

Some other artists that have appeared on Grid, Dubalty seemed to have 4 releases and then vanish

And things were going well for Nightwalker, after releases on Playaz, Grid, Low Down Deep and an LP on his own label. Last I heard, Twisted went to visit him in America over a 10 years ago and never heard anything about his trip...

Last edited:
Twisted also used to colab with that APB guy on a few tunes, like Hand Grenade and that Crap Rinse Out remix.

And what happened to Harvest? Releases on G13, Smokescreen, Smokin Riddims, Apexx, NAM Music, Colab Recordings, Cold Blooded, Grid and Gun Audio. Hazard used to batter this...

And what happened to Harvest? Releases on G13, Smokescreen, Smokin Riddims, Apexx, NAM Music, Colab Recordings, Cold Blooded, Grid and Gun Audio. Hazard used to batter this...

his website

looks like he's quit dnb. solid producer, had dub going round few years ago called Cyborg that I'm gutted never came out.

Decent thread this,

So many big names mentioned its such a shame. I used to buy all baron's stuff and crystal clears.

Alot of producers cant live on the money so get jobs. I know several in the scene that have full time jobs. This can then take over with the producing I can only presume. Another thing is people just go off the music. A lot move to different scenes. Zinc being the most shocking for me yet some of his crackhouse was excellent

posted this before its such a banger you should hear it on a proper system

with that APB guy ? APB is a legend and I quite liked those remixes

Are you kidding me? That's mental. But maybe it was for the best, he was trying to create a mainstream pop dnb thing with the gold dust album and that's a no-no for me. But bad company did a comeback after that with a super savage tune, was that without fresh then maybe

No that was with Fresh. He only quit the music scene earlier this year. They were supposed to release that god damn Bad Company remix album too about 2-3 years ago but it never happened.

Mortem put out two freebies not too long ago, and has a project with his brother (i think) which is some kind of electro thing.

Wondering what's happening with fierce/quarantine though, kinda went silent after all those collabs with zero t

Back
Top Bottom