Awful latency input - midikeyboard and Cubase 5

Deft_Sound

Hi,
I'm relatively new to producing on my own, and I've just bought a cheap midikeyboard (Akai LPK 25), connected via USB to my laptop. My setup is decent, I've a EMU 0404 with a couple Tapco S8 monitors.

My problem is that when I press a key on my Akai, there is an awful latency period between the actual pressing and when the sound comes out. It does this with all VST's I've bought.

Can anyone suggest a solution to my problem? Is it my sound card that is too slow, is there a way to compensate on cubase, etc???

Many thanks

switch the sound driver to asio 4 all (i had the same problem, it was on my primary sound device) it will be pretty much instant, if this doesnt work then your pc may be too slow to run it???? and if asio for all did not come with the midi then i suggest aquiring a copy (y)

its to do with the buffering you may have it set really high in cubase as default so track it down (i dont use cubase) and find out the buffer time in the sound device settings????

i have an e-mu 25 key controller, latency wasn't good either. When i looked in Ableton it listed the device twice, with a load of different jibberish characters next to each the device name, uninstalled device, removed driver, reinstalled now it lists the one device with the name 100% accurate in Ableton and latency is much shorter. So, is the device installed correctly ? don't mean did you follow the procedure but whether the procedure was a full success.

Back
Top Bottom