Awesome Amens

savoirfaire

VIP Junglist
Hey peeps,
bit of a weird question but can anyone reccomend any artists/songs that consistently utilize those amens instead of the more synthetic beats you hear today? stupid question since there were loads of amen tunes during the 90's, but the only artists that really utilize them in my music collection are a bit of Ray Keith, Twisted Anger, Sounds of Life-Hidden Rooms, Sounds of Life-Release the Bels, you get the message.

thanks

Look around the ol' wikipedia for DnB. They have some nice things you could learn there. And if in the samples you hear an amen, then google or youtube it to so if they are mint for not.

Oh and you won't find much Amen in modern DnB. Look for oldsckool jungle, jump up and really old DnB.

Dillinja: “The Angels Fell”
J. Majik: “Arabian Nights”
J. Majik: “Your Sound”
Lemon D: “This is Los Angeles”
Ltj Bukem: “Music”

an loads more but cant fink of specific tunes

Breakage has made some rough amen based tunes.....look at Bassbin recordings back catalogue for some recent amen riddims.

Oh and you won't find much Amen in modern DnB. Look for oldsckool jungle, jump up and really old DnB.

ye imo that can be true mate its a sad thing imo i'd love to listen to more amens in modern dnb. not much amens in my music collection which is like 85% Jungle/DnB lol , but alot of the oldschool stuff with amens i've got is part of complilations barring alot of Metalheadz stuff i've got. I've spent some time on youtube and found some nice stuff like Funky Technicians, but there's alot of amen tunes out there obviously soo..:D then again im not really well versed in dnb only been listening to it just over a year properly

cheers bruv

@sam cheers for ewun ,
@ sc ive got all of those tunes, cheers for reminding me i had them!:
@SLow and im a huge fan of breakage's stuff forgot about 'So Vain' some serious shit there lol so cheers for reminding me,
@dustek i have some ragga jungle will delve more into that i'm just not a big fan of it bar 1 or 2 songs, cheers though
@Fes give me examples of artists bitch :teeth:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom